Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Reverse Sensors 11 years 1 month ago #113126

• jono's Avatar Topic Author
  • jono
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi, anyone fitted revers sensors. Just wondering if there are any hidden pitfalls before I start to drill and run the wires.
Thanks
John

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reverse Sensors 11 years 1 month ago #113129

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
The LE 500 has them as standard, so I guess there shouldn't be any major pitfalls?
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Reverse Sensors 11 years 1 month ago #113145

I fitted them to ours.

I only used two sensors one either side of the numberplate fixture. It's easy to get at the back of the bumper there, to feed the wires through and into the boot via the same grommeted hole as the numberplate lights. Worth using silicone sealant on any exposed connectors to prevent water entry. This is/ was a fault on later TFs, where the reversing sensors go mad when it rains.

Also if you use the reversing light feed for power you get a nice beep to tell you you've got it into reverse!:lol:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Reverse Sensors 11 years 1 month ago #113201

They do kits that fit the number plate screws... But these don't give you corner detection

I'm planning to fit a kit to the front and rear bumpers.. As both are one off builds.. And I don't want to prang them whilst parallel parking
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'
The following user(s) said Thank You: jono

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT