Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Some people...Grrrrrr 14 years 3 months ago #8826

OK the last post I will make about my water leaking in problems....

I have today identified the source of the leak on the drivers side...

Having researched other sites I, armed with a large can of clear silicone, attacked the plate beneath the clutch master cylinder.

I had already sealed the edges of the plate with no joy, water still dripping onto the sound deadening roughtly between the clutch and brake pedals.

Nothing for it but to seal round each fixing, then... eureka! I found the obvious source of the problem. one bolt, was loose... no not loose just resting in it's hole, no nut beneath it apparently. It was located beneath the wiper motor and no doubt a real pain to get a spanner on.

The other end of the bolt must be right up under the dash, getting to it from the inside damn near impossible. But...

Why leave it like that?? If it was a professional mechanic it's shameful, if it was an owner they obviously didn't care too much.

My cure?? loads of silicone and stick the bolt back sealing the hole.

Job done, all tested and back together!

Owning an MGF is certainly a challenge... but well worth it in smiles per mile!
Older but certainly not wiser!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Some people...Grrrrrr 14 years 3 months ago #8830

OK the last post I will make about my water leaking in problems....

I have today identified the source of the leak on the drivers side...

Having researched other sites I, armed with a large can of clear silicone, attacked the plate beneath the clutch master cylinder.

I had already sealed the edges of the plate with no joy, water still dripping onto the sound deadening roughtly between the clutch and brake pedals.

Nothing for it but to seal round each fixing, then... eureka! I found the obvious source of the problem. one bolt, was loose... no not loose just resting in it's hole, no nut beneath it apparently. It was located beneath the wiper motor and no doubt a real pain to get a spanner on.

The other end of the bolt must be right up under the dash, getting to it from the inside damn near impossible. But...

Why leave it like that?? If it was a professional mechanic it's shameful, if it was an owner they obviously didn't care too much.

My cure?? loads of silicone and stick the bolt back sealing the hole.

Leak sorted - Excelllllennnnnnnnnnnnt!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Some people...Grrrrrr 14 years 3 months ago #8834

good know know mate :D
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT