Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8814

The title says it all really... had a drive over to power flow exhauts today with my mates in Their ZR (Martind1) ZS120 (Sav-MG) and ZS180 (UKBiker)

Quicksilver (Chris) met me there as he lives in Darlington... i have to say not only is he a top bloke for trapsing out in the cold for 3 hours to talk to me about engines/racing and everything in between but he's offered me a chance to come along, spanner in hand to some of his race/tinkering weekends and his workshop (which sounds like a petrol heads wonderland) to tinker with his race car!

Can't thank the guy enough... it's blokes like him and CJJ who are letting me learn about mechanics and engineering the right way from proper enthusiasts and i cant wait to get stuck in :D thanks chris!

In case anyone was like me and thought "quicksilver" is just a cool forum name, well it's not they make exhausts... for race Astons and Bentleys among others and also Chris' TF! it sounds astonishing, it's a truly refined noise and frankly should be part of an orchestra! and the bhp his TF step-speed is producing is literally unbelievable

oh and did i mention we've came to a gentleman's agreement that basically means i've just bought my V-TEC engine! :D

I've spent a day in petrol-head nevanha and I'm on a huge natural high :D
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8816

mmmmmmm............. i think Quicksilver has just acquired a stalker :rofl:

sounds like you've a great day :yesnod:

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8817

mmmmmmm............. i think Quicksilver has just acquired a stalker :rofl:

sounds like you've a great day :yesnod:

lol not quite that bad but the guys done some amazing stuff and i wish i had a millionth of his engineering know-how and resources... mainly i cant wait to learn as much as i can off him :)

as for the engine, i now have something amazing to slot in the car... it's made me evan more determined to plow on with the work i need to do and the things i need to learn how to do!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8825

Oh WOW!!! What fantastic news! Nice one Adam! I'm so happy for you! :woo2: :woo2: :woo2:

And well done Quicksilver for being such a help to a fellow member! :grouphug:

These exhausts sound amazing! Any you tube clips? :)

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8831

Oh WOW!!! What fantastic news! Nice one Adam! I'm so happy for you! :woo2: :woo2: :woo2:

will have to ask him nicely... i still need to do a clip of my home made system but my phone doesn't do video lol

and the man himself has been very quiet about his TF... it's a prime example but he doesn't seem to show it off!!

as for 'my' well not my yet but still... as for my engine it's going to be nothing short of monumental in a TF... i aimed to keep up with and/or anielate porsche boxers with it in a standard looking BRITISH TF..... i'll be blowing away 911s with this one!!!

in the words of Mr James May "...and what's more were british, we are the inventors of everything. It is time to brace ourselves, hasten onto the shed and liberate ourselves from the abyss made dark by the lights of perverted german science" :D

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8832

in the words of Mr James May "...and what's more were british, we are the inventors of everything. It is time to brace ourselves, hasten onto the shed and liberate ourselves from the abyss made dark by the lights of perverted german science" :D

we'll :err: erm gloss over :err: the fact that its :err: erm a Japanese engine for now, besides CJJ will be along with a :flag: porsche beating engine soon

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8838

we'll :err: erm gloss over :err: the fact that its :err: erm a Japanese engine for now, besides CJJ will be along with a :flag: porsche beating engine soon

That made me laugh a lot, :yesnod:especially as I've just finished watching James May say that very thing!
David
:shrug:

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8840

Having driven the F home it is too quiet! My ZS is an animal compared to that, just gets in the decibel limits when checked on track!

Some sound clips would be good.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8844

I'll come and help you fit it.

.. and by help, I mean supervise.

.. and by supervise, I mean stand and watch.

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8855

I do my best to help where I can:)
Will dig out a sound clip for yah but its better in the flesh :)
Chris

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8857

The title says it all really... had a drive over to power flow exhauts today with my mates in Their ZR (Martind1) ZS120 (Sav-MG) and ZS180 (UKBiker)

Quicksilver (Chris) met me there as he lives in Darlington... i have to say not only is he a top bloke for trapsing out in the cold for 3 hours to talk to me about engines/racing and everything in between but he's offered me a chance to come along, spanner in hand to some of his race/tinkering weekends and his workshop (which sounds like a petrol heads wonderland) to tinker with his race car!

Can't thank the guy enough... it's blokes like him and CJJ who are letting me learn about mechanics and engineering the right way from proper enthusiasts and i cant wait to get stuck in :D thanks chris!

In case anyone was like me and thought "quicksilver" is just a cool forum name, well it's not they make exhausts... for race Astons and Bentleys among others and also Chris' TF! it sounds astonishing, it's a truly refined noise and frankly should be part of an orchestra! and the bhp his TF step-speed is producing is literally unbelievable

oh and did i mention we've came to a gentleman's agreement that basically means i've just bought my V-TEC engine! :D

I've spent a day in petrol-head nevanha and I'm on a huge natural high :D

Doh dont make me blush! Honestly mate its no trouble and what I am here for. 40 years of motorsport experience has to be good for something
Chris

Many thanks to Quicksilver what a top bloke! 14 years 3 months ago #8873

That made me laugh a lot, :yesnod:especially as I've just finished watching James May say that very thing!

aye i saw it today on dave, then not 2 hours later i began discussing the engine with quicksilver lol

Having driven the F home it is too quiet! My ZS is an animal compared to that, just gets in the decibel limits when checked on track!

Some sound clips would be good.

the oem exhaust is a travesty to the heritage of the british sports car!... well not MY OEM exhaust... ;)

if your pockets are deep then quicksilvers exhaust really is something else... alliteratively my exhaust cost me a tenner

I'll come and help you fit it.

.. and by help, I mean supervise.

.. and by supervise, I mean stand and watch...Adam do it

is the end of that sentence i believe :P

I do my best to help where I can:)
Will dig out a sound clip for yah but its better in the flesh :)
Chris

no matter what the quality of the sound clip i can safely assume it wont do it justice!

Doh dont make me blush! Honestly mate its no trouble and what I am here for. 40 years of motorsport experience has to be good for something
Chris

Your being fantastically generous with your time and knowledge and helping me learn things i couldn't learn anywhere else... not to mention helping me build my dream car... i think credit where credit is due :)

i just hope what i learn from you i can use to help other people in the same way!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT