Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106001

• Mindy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Mindy
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
After an advisory on the TF's brake lines I thought I'd get them sorted, so decided to buy ss brake hoses too and they could all get fitted together,

These are the ss brake hoses, I ( and 2 other .orgers) bought. Great value and brilliant quality.

ROVER MG TF 1.6 1.8 VVC AEROQUIP S/STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES HOSES PIPES MLR.VQ
Completed

After some disscusion on .org the John and David C rightly commented that the TF's were all the same length, the retailer was pointed in the direction of the thread and all 3 of us had the same length brake hoses sent with no fuss.

Today I visited Jon Norris and he replaced the brake lines with copper ones, fitted the ss brake hoses, which were correct and changed the gear box all. All good. At the weekend I tightened the gear stick, follow a smashing how to on here, and with the new oil feels a great deal better. The rear ss hoses have a little kink in them.

Big thanks to Jon, great job. and to Jon's mam, smashing lady. It took me the 2 hours drive home to warm up. My knees were knocking more than the rear view mirror.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Mindy.

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106033

What do you mean "a kink". That doesn't sound good.

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106045

• Mindy
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
I thought I'd posted a picture, but its not there. What I was trying to say was the difference between the front and rear ss hoses

The rears have a slight kink in the fitting
Attachments:

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106046

I have a query what is the reason for the the difference in sizes between the F and the TF the reason Im asking is my F has Tf sub frames so am I right in thinking I would need TF brake hoses ?

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106047

• Mindy
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Not sure at all, but it could be down to the different brake and suspension set up. Thats a guess mind.

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106048

• Mindy
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Just found this.

Originally Posted by
I was looking at these too. The same ones are on ebay (same price) but which would I order? I have a Mk1 F with 2003 TF APs. Whats the difference between the F & TF ones, they have a diferent product number

the front brake pipes are longer for the f than the tf as they connect to the brakeline at the battery tray. the tf connects near to the bottom of the shock absorber
The following user(s) said Thank You: midlife martyr

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106158

Did you have any problems with the brake line unions? I have mine to fit on the list of weekend jobs and want to be sure I have all the bits I might need!

SS brake line hoses & Jon Norris 11 years 2 months ago #106188

Its a relatively easy job as long as nothing goes wrong. Main issue is probably getting the hose off the brake line without damaging it. A proper spanner will help.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.106 seconds