Sign In   Register

Topic

Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #105781

Will that shape work with the top down, Craig?

I am looking at rebating around the edge so when the hood folds it can still sit down as it should.. as I said its going to be a monster task when i can find enough time lol.. the good thing is I sell bendy ply at work.. its incredible stuff so should be able to form the two conicals out of that then the rest will be mdf

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #105792

Well, I apologise for calling you a Twonk. :yesnod:

You pillock! :lol:

Thanks David :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Re: Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #105793

ouch ! , wheres the amp this time ?

In the bin :p

Re: Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #105794

So heres the plan... going to try and make a removable box that sits in the back on the engine cover as i have roll hoops im looking at making it so the speakers are centre of the hoops and the bridge between the two conical tubes create a windbreak below is a very crude image .. and below that is the inspiratation

Will the roof still fold down though?

Re: Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #105989

So heres the plan... going to try and make a removable box that sits in the back on the engine cover as i have roll hoops im looking at making it so the speakers are centre of the hoops and the bridge between the two conical tubes create a windbreak below is a very crude image .. and below that is the inspiratation

Will the roof still fold down though?

well thats the plan lol.. it will either be timber and MDF or it could get messy and i use fiberglass (which i have never done) but i shall be using this ply in pic below.. It does bend tighter but needs two hands which i couldnt do while taking photo lol..

Im hoping to mount it on a raised base that will also hold the amp in the middle

Attachments:

Re: Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #106019

I was checking today and I would say there's only about 2" between the top of the glass rear screen and the T Bar when the roof's folded.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #106068

I was checking today and I would say there's only about 2" between the top of the glass rear screen and the T Bar when the roof's folded.

. Lucky I don't have a glass rear screen then loll

Re: Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #106075

:rofl:
David
:shrug:

Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #106190

I want a sub in my car..

But once the seats are lowered under seat subs are a no go..

No room under the dash..

Passenger seat would be sat forward if it went behind the seat... this is not good on track days when helemts are worn..

Whilst I appreciate the work gone into your installation I want my sub to be the opposite to a child.. unseen and just heard..

Might have to make do without one
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Rear Cubby Subwoofer Fitted. Photo 11 years 2 months ago #106191

When I was looking at subs, I found a build thread for one in the glovebox which was pretty neat. My plans are to see if I can shoehorn an 8" JL in either behind the passenger seat (removable) or fit it in the centre console as the OP has done (although I'd want it out of sight!)

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT