Sign In   Register

Topic

Well, this sucks.....a lot 11 years 2 months ago #104066

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Things are on the improve as they always do. I'm a glass half full kind of person and not normally prone to bouts of depression, but as they say the black dog can strike anyone any time. The trick is to recognise it early and have strategies to combat it, be they seeking professional support or other methods, taking one of the cars for a spirited top down thrash always puts a bit of smile back on my face.

The death of Suzie was quite a shock but given her age 14, I knew it had to happen sooner rather than later. It was my 8 year old sons first real experience of the death of a loved family member apart from his grandfather (my father ) who passed away when James was about 2 and my dog Bosleigh who died in a boarding kennel while we were away on holiday several years ago. James took it quite hard and as a parent it hurts to see your child upset.

Suzie was inherited from my wife's father after he passed away before James was born. She was Kelli's last link to her father so telling her the sad news was pretty tough, particularly since I had to do it over the phone as she is 200km away, by herself, in a hospital suffering from a form of depression. She is improving by the way and hopefully will be coming home Friday week.

We have decided to get another dog but not yet a while, I think Jamie and Kelli need a few months to come to terms with the loss of Suzie before we get a new puppy. We have not decided what kind of dog to get but it will be a dog needing a new home from the RSPCA or a similar organisation.

Cheers all and thanks for putting up with my somewhat off topic drivel.... B)

Craig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by bacchus.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT