• Page:

Topic

TF drivers window help 11 years 3 months ago #103169

• Squeaks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Squeaks
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Loving owning a Porsche :)
As I seem to be being ignored on .org I thought I would turn to you guys on here to see if someone can help.

My bud has left me with his TF while he is away and I said I will try and sort out some of the issues with it.

he thought the window mechanism had broken but it hasn't

the window will not drop so I took it all apart and found that

That little bit that stops the window jumping up too far was next to useless,

every time I undid it and put the window back under it when the window came back up it just simply popped over it and I was back at square 1.

so I took it off and put some tape on it to make it thicker, seemed to do the job, put everything back on and tried it and the bugger jumped back over it again, so the window will not drop.

what is this piece called so I can look at getting another one, even if I got another one would it still do the same thing?

the stopper bit is cracked and lost some of its support, I guess hence why its not doing what its meant to do and stopping the window!

cheers

Dan
Dan :)

:D I may not always be right..... BUT I am NEVER wrong lol :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF drivers window help 11 years 3 months ago #103171

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Its a window stop and you can get upgraded ones , i think made of metal instead of plastic

Last edit: Post by paulsmgf.

TF drivers window help 11 years 3 months ago #103174

• Squeaks
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
That bit seems to be attached to the window, it keeps popping over that other bit and then gets stuck

TF drivers window help 11 years 3 months ago #103175

The TF should already have the uprated window stop. It's the L shaped bracket attached to the door that is the problem. In some cars they just don't seem to stick out far enough to stop the window stop riding over them, or they twist from their proper position, with repeated hits from the window stop. Then the window stop can jump them and you are back where you started.

You can try to space the bracket out from the door frame with shims, or as I did, got a more substantial piece af angle iron and make a new slightly larger bracket.:shrug:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeaks

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

TF drivers window help 11 years 3 months ago #103176

• Squeaks
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thats the bugger David, I took it out and covered it in ductape and that looked like it had worked but yet again it popped over it, I did try doing a spacer so will have another go tomorrow, if all else fails Ill try what you said and make a new bracket for him.

cheers

TF drivers window help 11 years 3 months ago #103180

I had a similar problem and I adjusted the cant of the window a bit to stop the stops from overiding each other....so far so good. Relevant thread is here:

http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/65234-stuck-window

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.059 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT