Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Coolant temperature sensor 14 years 3 months ago #8752

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mine's failed so I either get no temperature reading (or a rubbish, fluctuating one between the bottom two notches on the dial). My sensor is black, do I need to replace like for like?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGF-1-8i-Top-Quality-O-E-Water-Temperature-Sensor-95-02_W0QQitemZ150380388632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item23035ea118

And I take it the sensor simply unscrews from where it's housed?

Cheers! :grouphug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Coolant temperature sensor 14 years 3 months ago #8783

Mine's failed so I either get no temperature reading (or a rubbish, fluctuating one between the bottom two notches on the dial). My sensor is black, do I need to replace like for like?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGF-1-8i-Top-Quality-O-E-Water-Temperature-Sensor-95-02_W0QQitemZ150380388632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item23035ea118

And I take it the sensor simply unscrews from where it's housed?

Cheers! :grouphug:

Yes, that's the one. Just unscrews as you say.:yesnod:

Are you sure it's the sensor? Have you checked the connections?
David
:shrug:

Coolant temperature sensor 14 years 3 months ago #8789

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The connections seem to be ok... I had the car in key position 2 and was watching the temperature gauge while I wiggled the connectors... didn't make any difference.

Will coolant fluid leak out when this is unscrewed (meaning I have to re-bleed the coolant system)

Coolant temperature sensor 14 years 3 months ago #8800

The connections seem to be ok... I had the car in key position 2 and was watching the temperature gauge while I wiggled the connectors... didn't make any difference.

You will lose a little coolant, the amount will depend on how quick you are at swapping the sensors.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT