• Page:

Topic

Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85427

• tui's Avatar Topic Author
  • tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
After going over a rather deep pothole on yesterdays Winter Warmer run, the side wall in Penelope's NS rear tyre has a nice big split in it :help:

I've just been out in the cold and rain :dry: putting spare tyre on (in a skirt, no less!) so she now has odd shoes :slapme:

Until I can afford a new set of tyres (hopefully much much sooner than later, but may be forced to take her off the road) she's running on:

16" 195/45 front
16" 215/40 rear OS
14" 175/65 rear NS

Can anyone advise on tyre pressure for odd 14" wheel? I know this isn't safe or advisable, and I won't be driving unnecessarily, but for emergencies/to get to garage to put new tyres on wheels, whenever that may be, I'd be grateful for anyone's thoughts..

-=Visit my Website!=-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85437

I would run it at 30psi, and keep it below 50mph. You should be fine.
I did the same on the last Border patrol run, except I managed to ruin two tyres one front , one back. The car was fine until I got home.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85441

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Quality savers David ;)

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85456

Clever Clever Girl, changing a wheel :woohoo: :whistle: and i bet there was blokes watching you :rant:

As David has said, 50 Mph maximum with that set up and 30psi (1.9 bar) is the reccommended pressure. please recheck your wheel nuts for tightness. Are the other tyres of the same make and i thought they were budgets too. :bust:

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85459

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

I've just been out in the cold and rain :dry: putting spare tyre on (in a skirt, no less!) so she now has odd shoes :slapme:

Our spare doesn't have a skirt, only a valve cap. Does this mean I have HGF? :-?
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85467

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

I would run it at 30psi, and keep it below 50mph. You should be fine.
I did the same on the last Border patrol run, except I managed to ruin two tyres one front , one back. The car was fine until I got home.

Thanks David :broon: I didn't notice 'til this morning :dry: Both rears needed replacing anyway as I've been losing a lot of pressure for some time, just didn't bank on having to do so so soon!

I reckon 50 might be a little too fast! (Never thought I'd be saying that!) Especially considering the torrential rain we've got round here at the moment!

Clever Clever Girl, changing a wheel :woohoo: :whistle: and i bet there was blokes watching you :rant:

Ha....... Ha........ :P THANKS Bryan!

No blokes around to watch as they were all hiding inside away from the rain and wind! Thankfully!

As David has said, 50 Mph maximum with that set up and 30psi (1.9 bar) is the reccommended pressure. please recheck your wheel nuts for tightness. Are the other tyres of the same make and i thought they were budgets too. :bust:

The tyres Penelope has are 'Event WL905' http://www.eventtyres.com/catalogue/wl905 all the same make, yes. I intended to replace them with Toyos anyway, I just hoped not so soon!

Our spare doesn't have a skirt, only a valve cap. Does this mean I have HGF? :-?

Better get that seen to sharp-ish! :hgf:

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85470

Tui darling if you want to come visit me I can lend you a 15" spare from one of my cars if that helps x

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85472

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Tui darling if you want to come visit me I can lend you a 15" spare from one of my cars if that helps x

That is incredibly kind of you, thank you! :hugs: I will hopefully be getting Toyo T1Rs (at least on rear) in 10 days or so (thanks Dad :dry:) so I should be ok 'til then, with no major driving planned.. I'll let you know if these plans change at all, thank you again! :hugs:

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85474

That is incredibly kind of you, thank you! :hugs: I will hopefully be getting Toyo T1Rs (at least on rear) in 10 days or so (thanks Dad :dry:) so I should be ok 'til then, with no major driving planned.. I'll let you know if these plans change at all, thank you again! :hugs:

Does Dad know yet????? or is it a surprise :omg: , have you reserved them? my local tyre fitter had to order them in (next day) for two Epsom club members ;)

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85475

no problem hun you have my mob number if you need :hugs:

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: tui

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85476

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

Does Dad know yet????? or is it a surprise :omg: , have you reserved them? my local tyre fitter had to order them in (next day) for two Epsom club members ;)

No, I stole his credit card :P Haha! Yes, he has very kindly offered for my Christmas present :hugs: Christmas will be coming early this year..! Cheapest we've found them down here is Black Circles in Hove http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/toyo/proxes-t1-r Going to call them tomorrow to book in for Wednesday 21st (fingers crossed!)

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: Tyre pressure odd tyres - Advice please! 11 years 5 months ago #85573

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Very happy with these on our TF. Good choice. In my opinion of course!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT