Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8413

Hi all might be interested to visit MG live this year, where is it held? what dates? and how easy to find lodging? Thanks :)
FM :rolleyes:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8420

Hi Frank,

MG Live dates for 2010 are Friday 4th - Sunday 6th June (which is also my birthday so I know what I'll be doing this year! :hurray:)

Here is the full press release:

[SIZE=-1]ABINGDON’S MG Car Club is thrilled to announce that the 2010 MGLive! racing programme will take place on Silverstone’s full Grand Prix circuit

MG enthusiasts across the world will be delighted to learn that the event has been confirmed for Friday 4th, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th June.

MGLive!, the MG Car Club’s annual Silverstone celebration, has been staged consecutively at the iconic Northamptonshire circuit since 1959 – and is set to celebrate 60 glorious years in 2010.

The MG Car Club, which has raced on Silverstone’s International circuit since the early nineties, will now make the exciting transition to the full 3.2 mile Grand Prix track. The switch will allow MGCC competitors to experience the thrill of Stowe and Abbey – famous corners which will now roar to the sound of MGs from across nine decades

The announcement is sure to be greeted with immense enthusiasm by the MG Car Club’s large racing contingent and is expected to capture the imagination of the UK’s buoyant club motorsport scene.

MGLive! is the jewel in the crown of the factory formed club’s racing calendar. Aside from the Silverstone dates, the MGCC’s race programme is also scheduled to visit Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park and Snetterton.

MG Car Club motorsport Director Ron Gammons said:

“This announcement is an enormous accolade for the MG Car Club and needless to say we’re extremely excited. The feedback from our race championship co-ordinators has been very positive indeed and having spoken to some of the club’s racers, they are elated to have the opportunity to compete on Great Britain’s premier race track.

Of course, the length of the circuit calls for 20 minute practices and we aim to run at a minimum 20 min races with longer ones for the feature events. “

MG Car Club Chairman John Day said:

“This is the perfect way for the MG Car Club to commemorate our sixtieth consecutive Silverstone event. Motorsport is an integral component of the MGCC and it’s a testament to our professional team that Silverstone have afforded the club such an exclusive opportunity.

2010 is shaping up to be one of great progression and success for the MG Car Club.”

-ENDS-[/SIZE]

Regarding accomodation - last year there was discounted rooms for MGCC members at "The Holiday Inn" but even without the discount it is normally a very reasonably priced place to stay. :yesnod: Here are details about accommodation from the 2009 MG Live: http://mglive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=58 and apparently the website for all the event details is the same as last year's: http://mglive.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Hope that helps! :)

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8435

about time i can book time off :D

kara, are we going to organize some event threads for Live and Fest? be good to know who's going, from where and on what days?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8439

Thanks for that, seems it's going to coincide with the Morris Minor National event :S which I was planning to go also this year!, the holiday Inn are good hotels I stayed in one last June in Swindon when I went to pick up my TF :D

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8552

forgot to ask, which is the closest airport? luton, gatwick, leeds, or heathrow? I mentioned just those as those are the only airports flights go to from here

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8555

forgot to ask, which is the closest airport? luton, gatwick, leeds, or heathrow? I mentioned just those as those are the only airports flights go to from here

not sure mate, google maps is your friend though :) id look for you but im lazy like that
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8557

I have ta Google imma I always forget about it :)

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8558

I have ta Google imma I always forget about it :)

i do that with eBay for some reason.... i search and search and search for something important i really need and get nowhere... i post a plea for help... 6 or 7 minuets go by and someone (usually CJJ) posts a link to everything i need on eBay at half the price i expected it to be lol

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8560

hehe btw just notice I place a Maltese word in that phrase!! imma = but :)

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8561

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8563

yes just notice from Google Earth, will work out transport and hotel facilities tomorrow :)

MG live 14 years 3 months ago #8579

hehe btw just notice I place a Maltese word in that phrase!! imma = but :)

i just thought you'd had a spasm mate it's all good :thumbsup: lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT