Sign In   Register

Topic

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8051

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

I wont even bother watching it, I grew out of cartoons when I was 6 (apart from road runner beep beep) :whistle:

sorry I just cant get excited about any animation, I have a lot of respect for those who produce animation, just cant see the point. :dunno:

I will see it, but I haven't yet.

It isn't animation by the way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8052

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

I will see it, but I haven't yet.

It isn't animation by the way.

computer simulation I believe, same thing to me.

spartacus was spoiled for me by all the computer enhancements to the actors.

dont get me wrong there is a place for it, mainly in the sci fi genre, terminator, star trek etc. but too much just bores me.

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8066

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

I'm afraid it has had the same effect on me, but as I realise it is only a film and nothing to do with reality I have had to make some adjustments. I now live at the bottom of my garden with a Smurf on stilts. :yesnod:

:pmsl:

WTF is going on with everyone. These have to be made up statements by the Avatar hyping machine. A new way of advertising? It's certainly got us talking.

If it is real then I'm afraid I am all for euthanasia in this case. These people should not be able to spread their gene pool.

I read a statement in the paper where someone said that they cannot cope now and they are even considering suicide if they cannot live in the world of Avatar.

These avatar fans or as they have been termed "Avatards" have made their way onto several forums now with the ridiculous & insane nonsense they've been spouting. I read a few threads today & their complete departure from reality is very eerie. What startles me is that it's not just one lunatic - there seems to be so many of them, was I just watching a different film or something? Or are just not "special" enough to get it? :dunno:

computer simulation I believe, same thing to me.

spartacus was spoiled for me by all the computer enhancements to the actors.

dont get me wrong there is a place for it, mainly in the sci fi genre, terminator, star trek etc. but too much just bores me.

Agreed, as I said in my original review - SFX do not make a film and they never will. They should only imho serve to compliment a film nothing more.

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8128

:lol: Very true and for once the police would be better equipped than the criminals!

Just read this post by someone else:

That's it I'm off to make a cuppa tea & watch something nice & normal like The West Wing. :outtahere:

woop woop for the west wing, im watching them all on DVD atm.........

as for the avatar i havent seen it but why do i get the feeling these are the same people who are starving to death because their too hooked on world of warcraft to go make a cheese toastie?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8130

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

woop woop for the west wing, im watching them all on DVD atm.........

as for the avatar i havent seen it but why do i get the feeling these are the same people who are starving to death because their too hooked on world of warcraft to go make a cheese toastie?

I'm 15 episodes in to the 1st season already & I'm hooked. :hyper:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8134

I'm 15 episodes in to the 1st season already & I'm hooked. :hyper:

really havent you seen it before? i'm pretty sure im A in A-Level Politics was thanks to the west wing!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8139

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

really havent you seen it before? i'm pretty sure im A in A-Level Politics was thanks to the west wing!

Nope never seen even a clip of it before. I know it's popular but just never got round to it. Then I went to Blockbusters and they had the whole first season for £8 so I was like what the hell I'll give it a punt.

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8164

Nope never seen even a clip of it before. I know it's popular but just never got round to it. Then I went to Blockbusters and they had the whole first season for £8 so I was like what the hell I'll give it a punt.

aye we have all 8? seasons, really good, fast paced drama :) gets better as it ages as well (like a fine wine lol)

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8176

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

aye we have all 8? seasons, really good, fast paced drama :) gets better as it ages as well (like a fine wine lol)

Ooh that's good to know. I've only got 3 episodes of the first season left now and Blockbuster only has seasons 1 & 3 so need to find somewhere to get season 2 cheap! :woo:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8238

Ooh that's good to know. I've only got 3 episodes of the first season left now and Blockbuster only has seasons 1 & 3 so need to find somewhere to get season 2 cheap! :woo:

lol i'd post you it to lend but by the time we send it back and forth you could probs find it in a bargain bin somewhere! lol

what did you think of Lord John Marlburry, Hereditary Earl of Shurlbourn, former viceroy to the court of St.James and Queens minister and ambassador to Pakistan.... you can call me John :p

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8259

i was just getting into the west wing and then somebody said 'have you noticed how........ as if' ruined it for me. hate it when people do that!

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8262

i was just getting into the west wing and then somebody said 'have you noticed how........ as if' ruined it for me. hate it when people do that!

how what? lol pm me if u want so it doesnt spoit it for kara lol

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT