Sign In   Register

Topic

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #7989

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Just some further feedback on Cameron's Avatar ...this "interesting" :quote: post is taken from an Avatar fan forum:

So I've been married to my wife for a while now. Its been 6 years since our marriage and I had been dating her for 4 years prior to that. So its been quite a while. My life hasnt been that bad. I mean I have a good job working at Safeway bagging groceries, and my wife is a psychologist so she's the real breadwinner in the family.

We may not be rich but we usually don't want for much. I never thought myself the type to have an addictive personality but ever since we saw Avatar in theaters I have been having problems.

The past 7 nights in a row my wife has asked me to have sex with her, and I just havent been in the mood. Scratch that. I'm incredibly horny most of the time, but I dont feel attracted to her anymore. The sight of her naked literally does nothing for me, and I'm frightened by that. Instead I imagine Neytiri. Her majestic grace and boundless beauty as well as the alien mystery about her. I want to fly off to pandora and live with her, to be with her always. I would worship her as she deserves. I'd do anything to just to touch her, to smell her.

She's the perfect woman, and i feel like this life here has lost its spark. Where is the magic in humanity. Just a few days ago, my son asked me some question about what happened in Avatar. I dont even remember what it was, but after I told him, I started crying. Right in front of him. All I can think about is how depressing it is that I will never reach pandora. I almost vomited while I cried. It was the most pathetic thing I have ever done. Im in my 30's for god's sake. I have to remain strong for my son. Right?

I want to tell my wife but she's a psychologist. She'll think I'm sick. I know it. I probably am sick. But what can I do. Its a little early to tink about divorce, but the thought of her disgusts me. The thought of me disgusts me. How could I compare to the beauty and grace of a Na'vi. I want to leave, to just leave and sort things out, but I dont want to leave my wife and son alone. I dont know what to do with myself, with my life. I dont want to see another psychologist and get treated like a specimen. I just want to be a Na'vi. I've never wanted anything more in my life.

At this point I would rip my son to shreds for an hour on pandora. I would too. And that thought frightens me. Can anyone somehow offer me assistance. Christ what ami going to do with myself?

If you'd like to read more click here: http://avatar-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 (some of the thread titles are amusing enough!)

Enjoy! :winkgrin:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #7992

OMG and i thought i was mad!:pmsl:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #7994

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

OMG and i thought i was mad!:pmsl:

I know! It's insane! They have all these tips on there on how to deal with PAD (Post Avatar Depression) as they're all like that! There's a thread on there where someone spent their rent money painting themself blue & buying exotic plants so they could turn their flat into Pandora... and people were applauding them! Seriously WTF? :skeptical:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8002

Is this for real? :confused:

I watched this in 3D last Sunday and was amazed at the film, but for the life of me would I wish to be 8' tall and look like I had bad circulation? Erm.......no! :dunno:

Some strange people on this earth for sure!
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8005

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Is this for real? :confused:

I watched this in 3D last Sunday and was amazed at the film, but for the life of me would I wish to be 8' tall and look like I had bad circulation? Erm.......no! :dunno:

Some strange people on this earth for sure!

No joke, all I can think is that this film really brought out the crazy in some people. I read some more threads apparently one guy was so emotionally touched by the film he had some sort of seizure whilst watching it. :err:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8006

No joke, all I can think is that this film really brought out the crazy in some people. I read some more threads apparently one guy was so emotionally touched by the film he had some sort of seizure whilst watching it. :err:

Oh dear, that is sad. I can only say that you have to give credit to James Cameron for hitting the nerves and making it a believable film for the oddballs out there.

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8009

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Oh dear, that is sad. I can only say that you have to give credit to James Cameron for hitting the nerves and making it a believable film for the oddballs out there.

I'm convinced these are the sort of people that are so distanced from reality that one day they are going to open fire in a mall because we're not blue like the na'vi. :hunter:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8011

Wouldn't they be using spears and bows and arrows? ;)

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8013

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Wouldn't they be using spears and bows and arrows? ;)

:lol: Very true and for once the police would be better equipped than the criminals!

Just read this post by someone else:

I was there just thinking and crying for about 15 minutes before an usher asked me to leave. I told him I never wanted to leave and he was confused for a second. Then he said I had to go and if I wanted to see this “crappy movie” again I’d have to pay for another ticket. Well to cut to the chase it got a bit heated at that point and we ended up in a shoving match. The police officer who took me out of there didn’t seem to care either. When I told him he was a tool of an oppressive society that is destroying the world he laughed at me. Now I’ve got a charge against me for public disturbance but I don’t care. Hopefully that jerk usher got fired.

The next day I saw it at a different theater in 3d. All of a sudden the world was as real as my own. At the end I stood up and started telling the people that they were the bad guys and were killing the Na’vi everyday with their western society. I said look at Afghanistan! I got cussed out and had a soda thrown on me but I wore those like a badge of honor, I felt like a Na’vi standing against human oppression and sickness. I just wished I had a weapon at that point and could have fought like Jake did. Jake was so strong. I began to wish that I could be like a new Hitler, only instead of exterminating one race I’d do the whole human race then shoot myself at the end. My mom always said I get too wrapped up in this stuff but she is an idiot who is just as much part of the problem as every other American. I told her when I got home and she cried but I don’t care anymore, I’m 35 and I can do what I want in my room and don’t have to take any “medicine” if I don’t want to. Did the Na’vi take pills to “get better” Did the Indians? Nope. I just wish I could stop thinking of this; it’s more than a movie. My Mom used to think I was too into WoW but that was just a game. I quit playing and told my guild wife there to just forget me. This feels real, that is just stupid now. I don't even really want to go into work.

That's it I'm off to make a cuppa tea & watch something nice & normal like The West Wing. :outtahere:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8015

They ought to shut that lot down!

and we think Top Gear is bad! :lol:

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8046

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I'm afraid it has had the same effect on me, but as I realise it is only a film and nothing to do with reality I have had to make some adjustments. I now live at the bottom of my garden with a Smurf on stilts. :yesnod:

WTF is going on with everyone. These have to be made up statements by the Avatar hyping machine. A new way of advertising? It's certainly got us talking.

If it is real then I'm afraid I am all for euthanasia in this case. These people should not be able to spread their gene pool.

I read a statement in the paper where someone said that they cannot cope now and they are even considering suicide if they cannot live in the world of Avatar.

Avatar 14 years 3 months ago #8049

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

I'm afraid it has had the same effect on me, but as I realise it is only a film and nothing to do with reality I have had to make some adjustments. I now live at the bottom of my garden with a Smurf on stilts. :yesnod:

WTF is going on with everyone. These have to be made up statements by the Avatar hyping machine. A new way of advertising? It's certainly got us talking.

If it is real then I'm afraid I am all for euthanasia in this case. These people should not be able to spread their gene pool.

I read a statement in the paper where someone said that they cannot cope now and they are even considering suicide if they cannot live in the world of Avatar.

I wont even bother watching it, I grew out of cartoons when I was 6 (apart from road runner beep beep) :whistle:

sorry I just cant get excited about any animation, I have a lot of respect for those who produce animation, just cant see the point. :dunno:

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT