Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Dealer Car ADS a warning 14 years 3 months ago #7966

riend of mine is looking for a F/TF so I found him ove advertised (not sure if i can post the link) but anyway car was listed by dealer as

"This is a 2 Lady Owner MG owners Club car in Superb condition with a recent cambelt amd Head Gasket Service done by MG it also has every Billl from new all mg service history looks classic in British Racing Green I personally think they are the best value sports car on the market today.
Private Plate included in Price!! "

I advised my friend to get a RAC Report and it came back as the following.

General Summary:

A number of significant items were identified in the Essential/Desirable sections of this report,
which require rectification. Your attention is also drawn to any comments made in the
comments section.

You are strongly advised to discuss the findings of this report with the vendor before making
your decision to purchase this vehicle. Please note that some items listed may prove costly to
repair or replace.

The head gasket, water pump and cam belt were renewed on 9/4/08 at 79470 miles.
Emulsification/sludge can be seen in the oil filler/dipstick neck which could indicate a problem
still exists. Further investigation is required.

No recent service documentation was seen with this vehicle and therefore the examiner would
suggest a full service and brake inspection to manufacturers recommendations, prior to
purchase, which may reveal further defects not apparent at this examination. The service
history available indicated that the last service was carried out on the 18/3/04 at 47801 miles by
Bristol Street Motors Poole, please see service book for full details.

It should be appreciated that with any vehicle of this age and mileage, significant amounts of
normal wear and tear will be present and sudden failures of components and the need for
frequent maintenance must be expected which could prove costly.

The underside examination was restricted without the use of a hoist or pit. A trolley jack
however was used.

The examiner recommends that the relevant spare keys be obtained prior to purchase.

The V5c registration document indicates that this vehicle has had 3 recorded keeper/s since
first registration; the last change of keeper was on the 13/6/09.

The road test was limited due to the defects noted in the repairs section.

It is strongly recommended that this vehicle be viewed and comprehensively road tested prior
to any consideration to purchase.

Essential Summary:

It is strongly advised that the essential defects are investigated and rectified prior to purchase.

Desirable Summary:

Please note that the desirable items may prove costly to repair and must be considered prior to
purchase.

Bodywork Summary:

At some stage this vehicle has been subject to accident damage repairs. The rear panel has
neen renewed, some unprotected welds can be seen inside the boot area which are corroding.

Jig clamp marks can be seen on the sill flanges.

The front wings, both doors and quarter panels have been repainted.

There were some chips, scratches and minor dents evident in areas of the body and paintwork
which in the opinion of the examiner, were considered to be consistent with age and indicated
mileage.

So in essence be careful if your looking to buy be 100 % sure what to look for before you buy. If it wasn't snowing my friend may have just gone and bought this car without an inspection.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dealer Car ADS a warning 14 years 3 months ago #7970

GGRRRRRR - What a skanky bunch of liers!

You can understand if it's a private sale and something has been genuinely missed, but dealers have no excuses on that front!

Dealer Car ADS a warning 14 years 3 months ago #7977

GGRRRRRR - What a skanky bunch of liers!

You can understand if it's a private sale and something has been genuinely missed, but dealers have no excuses on that front!

I know I kinda feel embarrassed as I said to him well if it is a MG owners club car it should be looked after :shake:

Thanks heavens for the RAC Report eh.

Dealer Car ADS a warning 14 years 3 months ago #7983

How disgustingly immoral! I agree with Adam you can't help dealing with dishonest people but a business should not be behaving this way. Still it's been going on for years so they obviously think they can get away with it. :mad: Good on the RAC for offering this excellent service! Do you know how much they charge for it? It would also be a good idea if anyone was thinking of selling their car to get this check done in advance to reassure any potential buyers. I can't help but feel it would increase the amount you sold you vehicle for. :yesnod:

Dealer Car ADS a warning 14 years 3 months ago #7984

Good job it was caught in time. It never surprises me how they gloss over such things.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT