Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7872

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Anyone know a good place to pick up Toyos? I'm having a hard time finding them and when I do they seem to be at pretty high prices.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7873

Anyone know a good place to pick up Toyos? I'm having a hard time finding them and when I do they seem to be at pretty high prices.

I got mine from http://www.camskill.co.uk/ - Fantastic service :)

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7874

when i got mine just before xmas, i sat with the yellow pages and rang round the local tyre fitters and managed to get them fitted cheaper then buying them online+ the fitting costs.

its always worth asking for a discount................. i could have got mine for £270 but its was 25 mile away, amazingly one place just down the road quoted £320 but with a bit of cheek and banter they managed to do them £260......... amazing where the discounts come from!!!!!!!!

btw that was for 4x 205/40/17's

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7877

your nearest supplier is Arrow Tyres at Southwick dont know what their prices are like,if you get stuck I may be able to help because I have a tyre deal with Toyo for racing. I take it you are looking for T1R PROXES.
Chris

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7879

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

I got mine from http://www.camskill.co.uk/ - Fantastic service :)

Thanks Soph! :thumbsup: They're coming up at £119 delivered for 2 - definitely a great price!

when i got mine just before xmas, i sat with the yellow pages and rang round the local tyre fitters and managed to get them fitted cheaper then buying them online+ the fitting costs.

its always worth asking for a discount................. i could have got mine for £270 but its was 25 mile away, amazingly one place just down the road quoted £320 but with a bit of cheek and banter they managed to do them £260......... amazing where the discounts come from!!!!!!!!

btw that was for 4x 205/40/17's

Funny you'd think it would be cheaper to order online. Although I remember when I was getting quotes for Federals and everyone I rang was so interested in what I'd already been quoted before they gave me a price! :lol:

your nearest supplier is Arrow Tyres at Southwick dont know what their prices are like,if you get stuck I may be able to help because I have a tyre deal with Toyo for racing. I take it you are looking for T1R PROXES.
Chris

Ah thank you Chris! Well I spend half my life in Southwick (my mum & dad live there) so it's certainly no hassle to give them a phone or pop in!

Yes it's the T1R Proxes I'm after. If I have no luck with them I'll let you know. :thanks:

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7880

Thanks Soph! :thumbsup: They're coming up at £119 delivered for 2 - definitely a great price!

Ah thank you Chris! Well I spend half my life in Southwick (my mum & dad live there) so it's certainly no hassle to give them a phone or pop in!

Yes it's the T1R Proxes I'm after. If I have no luck with them I'll let you know. :thanks:

No probs just glad to be useful :)
Chris

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7886

Good price and very good tyres, I use T1Rs on track, until such time I can justify R888s.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7889

R888s are fabulous tires, no need to justify just save the pennies. once you have them you will not look back.
Chris

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7893

R888s are fabulous tires, no need to justify just save the pennies. once you have them you will not look back.
Chris

I know, I want coilovers first then the tyres ;) I'll need to justify that with the wife!
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7901

• kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Chris

Not heard of R888s I must confess. :o Can you give me the skinny? :)

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7904

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Not heard of R888s I must confess. :o Can you give me the skinny? :)

R888s are more of a track tyre and even Toyo don't recomend them for normal day to day road use. They are a road legal track tyre and have less tread than a standard road tyre. This means that they cannot disperse water as fast as a proper road tyre.

This is a bit telling "Caution: Careful attention is required in wet conditions due to limited aquaplaning capabilities. As this tyre is designed and produced with competition compounds, no warranty is implied or given"

http://www.toyo.co.uk/productdetail.php?identity=products&product_id=18

Best place to pick up Toyos? 14 years 3 months ago #7908

I got mine from Camskill, excellent service but phone around for fitting & Balancing prices. I got mine done for £5 each but was quoted almost £20 each wheel at one place!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT