Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77024

Now, Im quick enough to have a whinge at shoddy attitudes in traders, but despite it going pear-shaped on the way home Im impressed with the Customer Service at MGFREBORN

Daryl and Gina couldnt have been friendlier when I arrived, and I took advantage of the overnight service so I wasnt driving 12hrs in a day :hgf: (because the work took a little longer than planned, they even let me stay an extra night so as I wouldnt be driving home tired). :drive:

All went as planned, with a new spangly rear subframe in X-Power green and new clutch / brake lines, and fitting on my uprated clutch release arm. Despite the work taking longer, there was never any suggestion by Daryl of extra costs (despite my copious consumption of coffee / toast!). :)

As most have read, I hit a problem on the way home after my cat collapsed (yes, the one in the exhaust, not the feline ;) ) and left me stranded. Daryl was never out of contact and chased me up on several occasions that day to help fault-find and check up.

Even though we both agreed that there is no way of knowing what caused the collapse, he has still offered:

- To send me up a (non-cheapy) CAT at trade, as and when Im ready
- A cheque as a goodwill payment to cover my friends fuel for the Tow
- A discount (I shall not mention the value for fairness) on the front subframe work / powdercoating that I have planned in the future.

I consider this above / beyond territory.... :broon: so I have no problems in recommending them, despite being an Aston Martin man (sorry Daryl!)
MGF Register - North Wales Rep
TF135 in XPrimerGrey ;-) - Toyo manifold, TTMK3, ZnF Remap and stripes when Lee gets his ar*e in gear :) .... Oh, and a GREEN SUBFRAME!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, groovylee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77026

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Excellent! I've spoke to Daz a few times and he's a top bloke

Re: Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77028

• David Aiketgate
  • Away
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
:broon: :broon: :broon: That is all!
David
:shrug:

Re: Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77029

I gave Daryl's workmanship a real work out at Donnington today and the suspension / subframe work has made it into a much better handling car. I was already pleased with the result but now I'm even more so.

Re: Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77042

good post mate, it's always nice to hear about customer service experiences, and even nicer when the good ones are one of our own forum members / supporters :)

well done Daryll and Gina :broon:
when your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems suddenly become nails.......

Re: Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77087

Look out for the write up in MG Enthusiast next month, cant say any more, just get a copy of mag its going to make interesting reading.

SNAP about the CAT :rant: I have superheated mine and melted the ceramic innards, i will post a picture of what i tipped out after i got it off (16 years of rust and use) Russell reckons that i had filled it with unburnt fuel because the Lambda was overfueling, it would not start!!!!!!!!! AND, AND when it did start it set fire to the innards of the cat and covered the whole adjacent area, the whole car and garage in silver dust (platinum , I believe!) Am now in the process of replacing Manifold, front pipe , cat and silencer.

Re: Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77097

• Visitor
  • Visitor
thank you every one.We work on cars that belong to club members and we often met them on runs.So customers become friends,So doing a good job is important,we refurbish cars and sometimes not often a problem will arise so resolving that problem is as important as doing the job right in the first place,
Regarding cats.
After around 3 to 4 years of use the cat should be replaced because it is starting to break up.non of us do .taking a cat off and putting it back on can cause a old cat to die.normally the exhaust system is in poor condition and its an easy choice when the system needs to be cut off.but sometimes a part can look good when in fact it isnt.

Re: Massive Thumbs up for MGFREBORN 11 years 7 months ago #77100

• Visitor
  • Visitor
its gina here thank you for your comments.Daryl redone a customers engine and gave him a gas flowed head,on a run this customer was there and was right up behind us on the dual carriage way.Trying to over take.Ok Daryls car did have a problem with the clutch.
Daryls comment was I know how fast that car is I just wish that head was in my car and not his.

All the best guys.

Gina

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT