Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

bypass hose/pipe diameter 11 years 7 months ago #77011

Hoping someone can provide me with a little info please...

Does anyone know the internal diameter of the pre-heat/cooling bypass hose where it connects to the outlet of the cylinder head?

The picture above shows the Coolant take-off which connects to the front of the engine on the 'near side'. The hose in question fits on to the smaller of the two unions (the one facing the camera). This hose circulates the coolant around the engine before it heats up enough to open the thermostat/cooling circuit.

I'm looking to fit a couple of senders in-line to run a proper coolant temp gauge and to start the radiator cooling fan at a lower temp (the ECU controlled temperature of (i believe) 102 Deg C is a bit too high for my liking).

Thanks in advance

Gary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: bypass hose/pipe diameter 11 years 7 months ago #77015

David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: garybee

Re: bypass hose/pipe diameter 11 years 7 months ago #77085

I copied this chart and saved it in my car folder for future reference, very very useful :woohoo:

Re: bypass hose/pipe diameter 11 years 7 months ago #77212

Thanks for the post, that diagram appears to be for the external diameter of the hoses though. I think it helps answer the question though as it shows the bypass pipe (the smaller of the two joined together near the lower right corner) which I was able to measure with some vernier calipers through the vent area.

As the bypass pipe is 22mm diameter, that should be the size I need for my in-line sender.

Thanks David.

I've decided to use a bluetooth adaptor and an Android app to give me the coolant gauge as I only have to fit the one sender then (to control the fan) and the app also gives lots of extra functionality (MPG, fault codes etc.).

Re: bypass hose/pipe diameter 11 years 7 months ago #77226

I copied this chart and saved it in my car folder for future reference, very very useful :woohoo:

It's been in the guide section for a while now. ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT