Sign In   Register

Topic

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7671

I agree - the snow is pretty but really ****ing me off now! Meg gets a quick nip round shops - other than that I have to take Michael as the roads are like glass!

Even with 4WD its skiddy!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7680

I agree with you about the driving backwards up a hill trick, but I believe it's more to do with the fact that you have effectively changed your car into front-wheel drive by reversing up the hill.:dunno:

oh aye and that lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7695

Excuse my French but I am so damn ****ing ****ed off with this snow now! Went to leave this morning to head over to Don's & the main road out of our town is closed so we are stranded here! Took me half an hour to go up the road and back and when I got back I couldn't get the damn car Back in the garage because like you it's on an incline so the wheels just get spin! I just hate this! There's no way in hell we'll be able to get to our interviews which means we'll have to reschedule AGAIN! I JUST HATE SNOW!!!!!!! :pcrage: :shooting: :rant:

Although if you want a little tip we put car mats in front of the wheels (well a neighbour did I just sat in the car cursing!) and then she went in the garage ok. :yesnod:

Hi Just got back from trying to dig tiny out the snow. Got her moved got her onto the ice and got her going in reverse up the hill then it just spun took the executive decision to re park and leave her there.

Whilst we were there we saw a ranger sidewards. An audi in the fence and we had to push a zafira out. So not too disapointed with tiny's performance. What annoys me is though on a main route to a station it hasn't been gritted Brighton council has a lot to answer to whilst where i Live Adur council has gritted everywhere. Here's hoping we get a bit of a thaw. I also have a engine now :woo: but because of the weather I cannot open the garage as the bleeding key snapped off in the frozen lock. Great.

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7697

Hi Just got back from trying to dig tiny out the snow. Got her moved got her onto the ice and got her going in reverse up the hill then it just spun took the executive decision to re park and leave her there.

Whilst we were there we saw a ranger sidewards. An audi in the fence and we had to push a zafira out. So not too disapointed with tiny's performance. What annoys me is though on a main route to a station it hasn't been gritted Brighton council has a lot to answer to whilst where i Live Adur council has gritted everywhere. Here's hoping we get a bit of a thaw. I also have a engine now :woo: but because of the weather I cannot open the garage as the bleeding key snapped off in the frozen lock. Great.

Well I'm glad you got your engine sorted mate! :yesnod: So sorry we couldn't come to your aid with Tiny. Don't know about you but it's been snowing heavily all day in Newhaven. That's disgraceful about Brighton council! You'd think they'd be a bit more organized! :shake:

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7745

Well I'm glad you got your engine sorted mate! :yesnod: So sorry we couldn't come to your aid with Tiny. Don't know about you but it's been snowing heavily all day in Newhaven. That's disgraceful about Brighton council! You'd think they'd be a bit more organized! :shake:

Have to admit our council have been great (for a change) and all major and many minor roads havebeen gritted daily, only problem is there's been so much snowfall there is loads of slush and we don't have the plows to clear it... Almost as slippy as the ice!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7787

Bit late in the day but finally Got tiny home today. Woke up this morning and noticed a bit of a thaw going on. still plenty of snow and ice around but it had thawed just enough to reverse up (well to be honest dan did because I kept spining it and after only one hary moment we got her out onto gritted roads and from there on it was a bit twitchy but she is on the drive where she belongs.

So at least 1 part of the weekend went Ok I have a VVC engine stuck in the middle of my drive cos I snapped the key in a frozen lock to my garage. :doh:

Then helped Harry with his flat battery and Dan and I changed his Wheels over for Him Silverback has nice new shoes now. So not a totally wasted weekend.

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7811

good show old boy have a beer on me :beer:

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7826

Bit late in the day but finally Got tiny home today. Woke up this morning and noticed a bit of a thaw going on. still plenty of snow and ice around but it had thawed just enough to reverse up (well to be honest dan did because I kept spining it and after only one hary moment we got her out onto gritted roads and from there on it was a bit twitchy but she is on the drive where she belongs.

So at least 1 part of the weekend went Ok I have a VVC engine stuck in the middle of my drive cos I snapped the key in a frozen lock to my garage. :doh:

Then helped Harry with his flat battery and Dan and I changed his Wheels over for Him Silverback has nice new shoes now. So not a totally wasted weekend.

'twas all good fun :lol: Was good to see you all again and thanks for putting up with me, hopefully I didn't eat you out of house and home :o

Here are those pics I was on about of what I had to face to get down to you :whistle:

And a lovely scenic one

Was pretty much back to normal on the way home though :frown:

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7829

'twas all good fun :lol: Was good to see you all again and thanks for putting up with me, hopefully I didn't eat you out of house and home :o

Here are those pics I was on about of what I had to face to get down to you :whistle:

And a lovely scenic one

Was pretty much back to normal on the way home though :frown:

Mate can't see pics due to stupid new poxy server at work. Not allowed to have fun anymore. I'll check them out from home. We have an extra pair of hands for next weekend :woo: so thats 3 of us to get the engine into place.

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7830

Mate can't see pics due to stupid new poxy server at work. Not allowed to have fun anymore. I'll check them out from home. We have an extra pair of hands for next weekend :woo: so thats 3 of us to get the engine into place.

Excellent, the more the merrier :yesnod: Any luck with the garage door yet?

I'll be on MSN most of the night so just give me a nudge if needed as I've got a viv to sort out now I've swapped my fishtank over :lol:

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #7923

Excellent, the more the merrier :yesnod: Any luck with the garage door yet?

I'll be on MSN most of the night so just give me a nudge if needed as I've got a viv to sort out now I've swapped my fishtank over :lol:

would love to help out, just a pity your not exactly next door!

Stuck in the ice. 14 years 4 months ago #8091

have not managed to get mine out of the car park for well over a week now.
Luckily I have a colleague who has just joined the company who lives in my town, otherwise I would be scr3wed!

Hoping to sort it at the weekend though... cannot beleive my new stereo I got for xmas is still not fitted! :dunno:
2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT