Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7329

just a thread for a general discussion...

i saw CJJs fantastic leather seats at the latest Teeside meet (plug much?) and as the seats I have in from GW could do with a little TLC it got me thinking

anyway without knowing what clive paid to get his seats leathered i decided what the heck it would be great to have leather bucket seats... then i looked at the MGF Center website to try and get an idea of cost (im still in the dark about what they'd charge to leather seats... anyway)

and i saw they do full interiors

http://www.mgfcentre.com/leather_interiors.htm

just wondering what people think of them and if they are worth it? i know its expensive but personally im a little worried about how much it would weigh lol

so would you have a leather interior? if not why not if yes why? lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7331

Lol you are joking? After all the hassle it took to get those seats to ya I'm going to personally come up north & choke ya to death if you get rid of them! :lol:

;)

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7332

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I might go that way myself one day, when I have run out of things to spend money on.

I think the 2 things that would effect the decision are:

1. Is it what YOU want
2. Can you guarantee it is looked after

At the moment I have a damp problem, and coincidentally, so does the car, so I need to make sure it is water and moisture tight before investing in any expensive interiors.

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7336

I love the leather dash that the MGF centre do.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7342

I love the leather dash that the MGF centre do.

Ah but do you love it enough to spread the joy & buy one for me to? :awwyeah:

:lol:

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7343

Lol you are joking? After all the hassle it took to get those seats to ya I'm going to personally come up north & choke ya to death if you get rid of them! :lol:

;)

lol noooo dont be silly hun i want to leather GWs seats!... hopefully the MGF center or another coach fitters can leather them in red and black and keep the corbeau logo as well :)

true clive this is a distant aim, and i might evan change my mind about the dash although i do rekon leather seats and gear gaiter/handbreak gaiter are in order after seeing yours!

tbh as far as the interior is concerned im quite happy atm im going to replace the harnesses with some that are easier to do and undo and concentrate on trying to get my T-Bar to fit... where is your water coming from?

MGFmad, do you think there worth the money though? i mean it's probebly going to be in the order of £2k for seats and dash and door-cards etc thats about what my cars worth lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7344

if i win the lottery i'll buy you one lol

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7347

lol noooo dont be silly hun i want to leather GWs seats!... hopefully the MGF center or another coach fitters can leather them in red and black and keep the corbeau logo as well :)

So what you're saying is I should probably cancel the hitman I've just ordered? :err:

Well imho my next step is a complete leather interior as it just looks so classy however looking at the prices I don't expect it to add or retain any value :frown: ...still won't stop me though! :lol:

if i win the lottery i'll buy you one lol

:thanks:

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7349

I had the interior of my Porsche 944 done by a local guy for £350 IIRC.
Front & rear seats (not the backs of the front seats) Door cards, Gear gaitor & carpet edging so Im hoping sub £300 for the F seats, doorcards & gaitors?

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7351

I had the interior of my Porsche 944 done by a local guy for £350 IIRC.
Front & rear seats (not the backs of the front seats) Door cards, Gear gaitor & carpet edging so Im hoping sub £300 for the F seats, doorcards & gaitors?

wow thats more like it lol, i realize the F center are very expensive but thats because they are a neish market and know what there doing for our interiors, i figured a general interior customizer would be able to do it cheaper but thats VERY cheap, what was the quality like? if i could get GWs seats done for £100 a seat id have em done in febuary :)

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7352

It was about 4 years ago when I had em done so I dont know if his prices have changed much but the workmanship was absolutly spot on. The Burgundy leather was fantastic but the Cream didnt seem to be as good, seemed a bit thiner but he did warn me about this before he bought the leather but I wanted it as is was a very good match to the original leatherette stuff.
There were dozens & dozens of colours to choose from

leather interior, am i mad? 14 years 3 months ago #7353

Of course but Adam has already offered - I wouldn't want to spoil his generosity:whistle:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT