• Page:

Topic

Thank god for EKA codes 14 years 4 months ago #7054

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
It wasn't until about two hours after Kelli had left today to visit relatives at the other end of the State that I went looking for my car keys. It was shortly after that, that there was that horrible moment of realisation that my keys were in her car after the New Years Eve party last night :shake:. While I knew where my spare keys are the problem was, I don't have a spare key fob and the last time I saw the security card with the EKA on it, was just before we cleaned up the office and turned it into another bedroom. Well after about 3 hours of searching and turning the house upside down I finally found the card, guess where :whistle:........in my wallet and what's better or worse depending on your angle. After seeing the EKA, I suddenly remembered changing my banking pin to match my EKA so I would know it should this ever happen. So much 2010 being of to a good start :dunno:

Craig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Thank god for EKA codes 14 years 4 months ago #7061

It wasn't until about two hours after Kelli had left today to visit relatives at the other end of the State that I went looking for my car keys. It was shortly after that, that there was that horrible moment of realisation that my keys were in her car after the New Years Eve party last night :shake:. While I knew where my spare keys are the problem was, I don't have a spare key fob and the last time I saw the security card with the EKA on it, was just before we cleaned up the office and turned it into another bedroom. Well after about 3 hours of searching and turning the house upside down I finally found the card, guess where :whistle:........in my wallet and what's better or worse depending on your angle. After seeing the EKA, I suddenly remembered changing my banking pin to match my EKA so I would know it should this ever happen. So much 2010 being of to a good start :dunno:

Craig

Ah, that's why I was so happy to get a second fob coded to the car last year.:yesnod:
We don't have the EKA code!:dunno:
David
:shrug:

Thank god for EKA codes 14 years 4 months ago #7064

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Neither did I, but after I bought her, I traced the original dealer in South Australia and explained what I was after and he gave it to me over the phone.

We don't have anyone who can still code remotes in Tassie so I will have to either send the ECU to the Victoria or wait till I take the car there.

Craig

Thank god for EKA codes 14 years 4 months ago #7065

Neither did I, but after I bought her, I traced the original dealer in South Australia and explained what I was after and he gave it to me over the phone.

We don't have anyone who can still code remotes in Tassie so I will have to either send the ECU to the Victoria or wait till I take the car there.

Craig

Good excuse for a nice long drive!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Thank god for EKA codes 14 years 4 months ago #7071

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

Good excuse for a nice long drive!:yesnod:

400km of Ocean and a $900AU ferry trip are the problem there, it will have to wait for the next national meet that we attend.

Craig

Thank god for EKA codes 14 years 4 months ago #7106

i've on;y one fob which i protect with my life but there is always that worry.....how do you get hold of the code or where to find it etc?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Thank god for EKA codes 14 years 4 months ago #7108

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

i've on;y one fob which i protect with my life but there is always that worry.....how do you get hold of the code or where to find it etc?

I think it can be read using the T4 testbook.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT