Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear end 11 years 8 months ago #68332

Not a sorry story of an accident I am happy to say.Just this....

I dremelled the back 3 inches off of the heat shield so that my nice shiny exhaust could be admired by all and sundry ;)

I was also installing my newly aqcuired Mike Satur quad rear lights, so I thought I'd take a couple of pictures of different lights for comparison.

So I have gone from OEM:

To Lexus:

And now Quads:

I have used spare wiring looms from a knackered set of Lexus lights, so I can change the look whenever the mood takes me :yesnod:

Just have to get my Cheetah rear bumper resprayed and put on and my 'rear end' should be farly unique :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Laz1957.

Re: Rear end 11 years 8 months ago #68338

That's fine Dave, it's all personal preference after all so there's no right answer ;)

I thought it may help a few people to make a decision based on all 3 on the same car for comparison.

My choice is based on the fact that most cars have OEM, so that's straight out of my equation :lol:

Then I bought the Lexus black, not chrome, to match my black 'trophied' head lights. Biggest difference was the reverse lights are much brighter, which makes distance judgement very easy although I may fit reversing sensors into the Cheetah bumper before fitting.

I may have a go with LED quads but the Hela option still only provides for 1 fog and reverse light, which is the only downside of quads compared to Lexus or OEM, plus the fact that you need reflectors fitted to the car for the MOT.

Here's a pic of the bumper that will be fitted ;)

Last edit: Post by Laz1957.

Re: Rear end 11 years 8 months ago #68358

Nice work, liking the bumper , what are the cut outs for as they look homemade

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Re: Rear end 11 years 8 months ago #68362

Thanks for posting the photo comparison - it really highlights (sorry) the different look each system gives which you won't find on the sellers websites.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Re: Rear end 11 years 7 months ago #68384

Those quads look awesome :broon: Will be very distinctive looking once the bumper is on.

Mad jealous that you have that Cheetah rear bumper btw! If for whatever reason you don't end up fitting it throw me a PM as I've been looking for Cheetah bits for aaaaages ;)

Re: Rear end 11 years 7 months ago #68388

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Quads look fab, I am not a fan of Lexus on red Mg's, I tried the black, and smoked and just did not like them :nonod:

However on say silver, black etc they look awesome :yesnod:

Re: Rear end 11 years 7 months ago #68391

Looking good :woohoo: I also went from OEM to Lexus to Quads :lol:

Re: Rear end 11 years 7 months ago #68448

I always wondered what the red prodesign lights would look like on a red car.

David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Rear end 11 years 7 months ago #68450

• Visitor
  • Visitor
You can try it on Madam if you want, if they look fab I might just drive off with them on :whistle:

Re: Rear end 11 years 7 months ago #68454

Unfortunately I've never seen the red ones in the flesh as it were. If you have a photo of your car's rear at the same angle as the above piccy, I could try a photoshop session.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Rear end 11 years 7 months ago #68462

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Any good :-?
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds