Sign In   Register

Topic

Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #67487

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/events28/viewevent/149-mm-event-stonehenge-pub-lunch-avebury-stones-9th-september

I have never been to Stonehenge, and as we were discussing it at the weekend I thought about doing a run down there, a tour maybe we get 10% discount on entrance as long as there is 11 of us...

We will all meet here at 9.00 to leave at 9.30 ish ..
Tesco Superstore
Tesco Superstore
London Road, Town Centre, Salisbury SP4 7RT, United Kingdom

PLEASE NOTE
Although the postcode says Salisbury this is actually the Tesco's in Amesbury..

Then onto Stonehenge which will be a drive by with a stop for photos

Stonehenge
A344 Road, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7DE, United Kingdom

Next a drive where we will see a couple of the White horses, and take some photos ..

Leaving for Avebury at 12.30 for dinner here ..

http://www.red-lion-pub-avebury.co.uk/

at 1.30pm

I will assume that everyone attending will be eating unless you tell me otherwise ..

Leaving the pub at 2.30/3.00 to go on to

Avebury stones to spend the rest of the afternoon ..

http://www.avebury-stones.co.uk/

Finishing with a run that goes through the town of Royal Wootten Basset where we WILL show respect and keep engine/exhaust noise to a minimum, going on to the M4 where we will say good bye and make our respective way home ..

A nice day out MGing, with great company, fabulous back drop for photos, and hopefully great weather ..

Everyone welcome ..

Midlands Convoy will be at Warwick services M40 6.45 to leave at 7.15 ...

http://www.motorwayservices.info/warwick_services_southbound_m40/

We can stop on route on M40 to pick up others, but it will be a drive through, not a full stop due to time !

Please let me know which services you want us to drive through ..

Please feel free to arrange your own convoys .

Attending

Jan......................... Softly~Softly......................................M40 Warwick
TB........................... Tourbillon......................................
Dawn..................... Teachey3
Pete......................... petetf160
Steve....................... stevieboy1956..................................M40 Warwick ?
Albingon
Tina......................... Freestyle
Jo and Nikki.............Dusty
Daryl......................... dazlightyear
Allan......................... Diesel Destroyer
Paula........................ Paula
Jan........................... FastJan............................................The Red Lion
bpr160..................... Chris..................................................The Red Lion
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by . Reason: Remover and update

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #67535

On the day before (8th Sept) and about an hour or so down the road is the MG Hill Climb at Wiscombe.

Seems a shame for you all to come all that way and miss out on some MG action!

Linky: http://www.mgccsw.com/events/wiscombe-hill-climb/

Not sure who else is going but I'm aiming to be there...but may not be in my TF :nonod: as I will be coming back from taking 14 beds worth of linen to our holiday lets in Cornwall! :drive:

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #67541

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Jan, sorry to be a numbnuts, but are we not actually visiting Stonehenge? Is it just the view from the road?
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #67545

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes if enough want to stop off, however we cannot get anywhere near them, no photos of the cars with them, but I have been told of a viewing point where we can see them far better than going in B)

Sorry I missed you off the list :coat:

Added now :hugs:

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68158

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A quick bump for the weekend B)

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68159

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Jan, I don't think we'll make this weekend: Sue is still in a fair bit of pain and I don't think she's up to a longish run.
Gutted, as we both very much wanted to go!!

So, for the sake of completeness, please take us off the list of attendees.

Have a good, safe and enjoyable run out, people, and tell us all about it when you get back.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68252

Sorry not gonna be able to make this.Hope to meet you all soon though

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68254

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
No problem John just text me if you can ..
Steefo next time :yesnod:
Dave don't be late :whistle:

I am booking the pub meal tomorrow, so if you are not coming could you let me know please ..

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68294

There's a slight change of plan for me - I'll meet you at the lunch stop instead of the earlier Tesco meet... I know how bad my time keeping skills are and combining that with having to leave around 6.45am, there's not a hope in hell I'd make it on time :nonod: :oops:

I'll be at the pub on time though :yesnod:

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68309

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tsk no surprises there :P

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68311

I'll see you guys n gals at the Red Lion too!!

Chris

Re: Stonehenge, lunch, Avebury stones, 9th September 11 years 7 months ago #68313

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Added to the list Chris :yesnod:

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT