Sign In   Register

Topic

L E D interior lighting 12 years 4 weeks ago #46334

:unsure: After reading how tos on all the forums I've decided to replace my standard dash bulbs with blue l e d s.
I wouldn't mind hearing what people think that have seen it before. Is it worth doing. I'm replacing my centre console and head unit so i thought i might do the lighting at the same time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 4 weeks ago #46336

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Let us know how it goes I'm always interested in things. The wife said today. Oh another package what is it today? Was a multimeter and some rivets. The same look of what have you got planned? Hmm I'm seeing a MGF thats being broken for some shiny bits tomorrow.

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 4 weeks ago #46337

A fair few here have done lighting mods. Sam Luck, Rayb to name a couple that spring to mind. Ask MGF Mark if you need electrical tips. Rayb has blue interior light that look good, have a word with him or pm him and don't forget the pics. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Metcalfe

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 4 weeks ago #46338

:yesnod: I get the same thing from my wife, at least one a week theres a card from royalmail telling me to pick up a package.
often it's nothing very expensive, my last package was a new rubber for my clutch pedal but it was enough to start the wife off.
I'm under strict orders not to spend another penny until i get my m o t done this month. I can hear e bay calling me now.

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 4 weeks ago #46340

Hiya and welcome.. I have just done blue footwell lights and installed some blue led's in the bottom of the door cards... my next project may involve E L wire hidden behind dash cowel so it illuminates all dials

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 4 weeks ago #46342

Someone else from Carlisle!

Have done interior lights and also puddle lighting up the door if you want to have a look/chat about it give me a shout.

Also know of a F/TF friendly mechanic up Brampton way good for getting through MOT's.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Luckymarine.

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 3 weeks ago #46349

I did this to my centre console a while back
http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/component/kunena/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/35513-lighting-my-console#35513
MGFMark made me up a circuit board, which I intend to add downlighters on the T bar to at a later stage. He also made me up a dimmer switch which I have yet to add to the circuit.

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 3 weeks ago #46361

A fair few here have done lighting mods. Sam Luck, Rayb to name a couple that spring to mind. Ask MGF Mark if you need electrical tips. Rayb has blue interior light that look good, have a word with him or pm him and don't forget the pics. :)

lol sams clocks where done by me :yesnod:
as far as i know im the only one thats done the clocks with the red pointers (oil and time )

i think i did about 20 sets over 14 months lol
and managed to sort the heated seats and front fog light switches with leds

as for the dash its nor worth it with standard blue leds as the beam angle is not wide enough and also the pointers being red turn white
also the temp and fuel gauges dont get enough light

you will need a couple of luxeon stars to do the job , rayb has my old back lit dash to have a look at :)

let me know if you need help , as leds and drivers are my little side line and hobby aslo do for the astra forums :broon:
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by MGF MARK.

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 3 weeks ago #46365

I have MK1 and went for Red LED lighting on gauges and binnacle, PM me if you have any questions - easy to do the most difficult task was sourcing the right sized bulbs for the job.

Tourbillon

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 3 weeks ago #46379

;) That looks ace, also it looks like i've bought the same head unit.

I did this to my centre console a while back
http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/component/kunena/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/35513-lighting-my-console#35513
MGFMark made me up a circuit board, which I intend to add downlighters on the T bar to at a later stage. He also made me up a dimmer switch which I have yet to add to the circuit.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rog1963

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 3 weeks ago #46384

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Fantastic results :)

Re: L E D interior lighting 12 years 3 weeks ago #46400

hers the clocks i have done in the past and switches
these where in my blue f

mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT