Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear Bumper Torx bolts? 12 years 1 month ago #45042

Hi, Anyone have any ideas of how to remove the Torx bolts holding on the rear bumper. I've soaked them in WD40 and they won't budge. They just twist the bracket that holds them to the body. can't use heat or i'll melt the plastic bumper.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Regards Hubs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Rear Bumper Torx bolts? 12 years 1 month ago #45058

i did mange to take mine off , try tighting them up a fraction before undoing them, when off apply some grease before putting back on
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Rear Bumper Torx bolts? 12 years 1 month ago #45059

WD40 is not great at freeing stuck bolts. Rather use Plusgas or other penetrating oil. Try tightening the bolt slightly, and then loosen it. Repeat. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: Rear Bumper Torx bolts? 12 years 1 month ago #45200

Hi, Anyone have any ideas of how to remove the Torx bolts holding on the rear bumper. I've soaked them in WD40 and they won't budge. They just twist the bracket that holds them to the body. can't use heat or i'll melt the plastic bumper.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Regards Hubs

Dont use WD40 it is not a penetrating oil!!!!! use Plusgas or Rustbuster and leave for at least 24 hours, squirt again just before you start and tighten first, then un- tighten, dont force it, work back and forth both ways, it is very much the case of "softly-softly to catch the monkey"

Re: Rear Bumper Torx bolts? 12 years 1 month ago #45428

Thanks for your comments, but, I had to remove the crash mountings to get it off and saw through the torx bolts,

Thanks again guys..

Re: Rear Bumper Torx bolts? 12 years 1 month ago #45443

When I did mine on the MGF I allowed the bracket to twist and snap off the crash can then welded new brackets back on to re-mount the bumper.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Re: Rear Bumper Torx bolts? 12 years 1 month ago #46039

Thanks, but didn't need to go that far....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT