Topic

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44234

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44512

As an after thought, if the eka is related to vin number, I did some playing around with my VIN .
VIN divided by 4.5= X, X + 18 = EKA ( I did round off numbers after decimal point in X)
Coincidence? It would be interesting to find out how this fares with other forum users that already know the EKA for their cars. Any body up for some mathamatics?
It would be interesting how this works or not for other cars. :unsure:

Last edit: Post by peopleplanter.

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44514

Nothing doing linking my VIN and EKA. I would be very surprised if there was any linkage since any Oik with a slide hammer and calculator would be able to get in and drive off our non immobilised cars. But there is always the MGR factor, they would probably have thought it would be easier to calculate the EKA that way :-)

T

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44519

I don't know my eka so I can't help. :nonod:
David
:shrug:

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44520

I didn't think 'doing any thing easy' was in the MGR dictionary, or is that just for the mechanical side of their cars LOL.

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44600

Doesn't work with my vin and EKA code :nonod:

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44662

Ah well, coincidence is a strange thing is it not?

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44680

As an after thought, if the eka is related to vin number, I did some playing around with my VIN .
VIN divided by 4.5= X, X + 18 = EKA ( I did round off numbers after decimal point in X)
Coincidence? It would be interesting to find out how this fares with other forum users that already know the EKA for their cars. Any body up for some mathamatics?
It would be interesting how this works or not for other cars. :unsure:

I dont think the EKA Code is linked to the VIN like that, mine does not work that way. The Main ECU electronic control unit has the Vin number programmed into it , as well as the EKA code and original radio code, which is why the code can be wrong if a secondhand ECU is used as a replacement) the codes can be read with a Rover T4 testbook. I paid £15 for mine, then Russell gave it to me when he programmed a new key fob. :rant:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT