Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44052

I got the EKA for my car in december 2010 from IRC UK online code services. Now I need to use it , as fob is playing silly bugger, the code is entered as described in owners hand book and still nothing happenening tried again after half an hour and still no joy, this brought on burst of really advanced swearing and cursing,any body got suggestions short of burning the car in temper? :rant:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44053

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Have you been back in touch with IRC UK online code services?

Some advice from the WWW;

Every time you turn the key it must be returned to the "normal" position. For entering accuracy, it's quite useful to nudge the key ever so slightly past the centre mark, to ensure that the lock has registered a zero point.

1. Key in the lock
2. Turn the key 4 times to the lock position to reset the system. It has been said that you should just go to lock once and hold for 5 secs. Apparently both methods work. Then, turn the key to unlock as many times as your first digit of the EKA code is, so if the first digit was "5", you'd turn the key 5 times to the unlock position
3. Next, turn the key back to the lock position as many times as the second digit
4. again, back to unlock as many times as the 3rd digit
5. back to lock as many times as the 4th digit
6. that's the code input. now turn it once to unlock, and you should be done!

So, in short (with n meaning number of the digit, L being lock and U being unlock)
LLLL, Un, Ln, Un, Ln, U

for example, if your code was 4567 you would do

LLLL UUUU LLLLL UUUUUU LLLLLLL U

For cars made after 2003, this is for both cars with the old 2 button fobs and the latter 2/3 button fobs.

After entering the EKA wait 10 minutes, then you have 5 minutes to start the car after this 10 minute period of time. wait 10 minutes before opening door once the code had shut the alarm off.

Once the EKA is entered on all models, the normal key can be used to unlock and lock the car and start up the engine without having to enter the EKA every time.

This function is cancelled once the fob is used again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peopleplanter, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44063

Dont mean to Hijack your thread but while on the subject, does anyone know if you can use another cars keyfob ie rover 45 (as its the same) and reprogram it to be usable on the mgf I ony have the one keyfob And would like a spare

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44064

Depends on the fob.
If it's the square one with two buttons - yes you can. If you can get the fob synched with the car system.

There's a firm who have posted on here who can do the business for you. Remobilise.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jac114

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44077

I got the EKA for my car in december 2010 from IRC UK online code services. Now I need to use it , as fob is playing silly bugger, the code is entered as described in owners hand book and still nothing happenening tried again after half an hour and still no joy, this brought on burst of really advanced swearing and cursing,any body got suggestions short of burning the car in temper? :rant:

Have you changed the batteries in the fobs to see if that is the cause of the "silly bugger" fobs.?

The Emergency Key Access Code is linked to the VIN number and embedded in the ECU, when you got the four digit code from IRC you gave them the Vin number that is on the car and in the V5C ~ do you know if the ECU has been changed?

Have you tried the EKA code again exactly as Paul has described ?

:bang: :rant: :bang:

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44085

yes I have done as Paul described but still nothing. I recall a year or so back that there was a run of codes a digit or two out from what was recorded at factory( this is where the likes of IRC get thier info). Have not tried this yet ,anybody hear anything similar?

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44091

That rings a bell somewhere. :yesnod: The EKA being one digit out that is...
David

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44094

Here is another version of the procedure.

The procedure has to be followed exactly as shown below

After three failed entry attempts the security system invokes a delay period of 10/15 minutes during which the system will not accept any further attempts to enter a code.

1. Using the key, turn the drivers door lock (clockwise) to the LOCK position and hold it there for at least 5 seconds. Then return the key to the centre position. It is now possible to use the key to enter the numerical value of the four digits of the EKAC as follows.

2. The first digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the unlock position (the doors will unlock) then back to the central upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the first digit of the EKA code.

3. The second digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the second digit of the EKA code.

4. The third digit of the code- Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the third digit of the EKA code.

5. The fourth digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the fourth digit of the EKA code.

6. Once the EKA code has been entered correctly, turn the key once to the unlock position then fully return it to the central position.

7. If the code has been entered successfully, the anti-theft indicator light will stop flashing and the engine can be started.

8. If the code has been entered incorrectly, a warning bleep will sound when the key is turned to the UNLOCK position if this happens Open and close the door (this will cancel the error)

Some useful notes
When turning the key in the lock it must be done with precision and slowly. On some worn locks, you may have to turn the key slightly past the central upright position.
If you listen closely you should be able to hear the switches clicking inside the lock.
Sometimes you need to add one digit to the second and fourth digits of the EKA code, as the MGR database has sometimes not been accurate
For entering accuracy, it's quite useul to nudge the key ever so slightly past the centre mark, to ensure that the lock has registered a zero point
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, peopleplanter, Leigh Ping

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44131

Shall try again tomorrow after work. Tune in again tomorrow for the next thrilling instalment of EKA not working.. Thanks for everyones help I will keep everyone posted

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44157

David, your description appears to be more detailed than the one Paul found and states about the warning light going off, the switches clicking and the slow use of the key. :yesnod:

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44159

Shall try again tomorrow after work. Tune in again tomorrow for the next thrilling instalment of EKA not working.. Thanks for everyones help I will keep everyone posted

Yes, please keep us updated and please dont "burn" it, too nice a car :yesnod: even if it does not work :slapme:

Re: eka code not playing 12 years 1 month ago #44232

YAHOO, EKA is now playing, it was out on second and forth digits. I did as David described and I am able to start my car again, THANKS to all for your help and advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT