Sign In   Register

Topic

Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43032

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Last thursday at 8am I left the comfort and safety of my home and ventured out into the world of public transport, taking the train down to Norwich.

I survived "mixing it" with the general public and arrived in Narfark at around 2pm.

Phoned the number of a man I had met via the internet and he came and picked me up in an LE500 and handed me the keys.

I drove it back to the Renault garage that he works in and handed over some cash.

I then drove 8000 miles along the A47 to the A1 (Those who've driven the A47 will know what I mean) and headed oop north, arriving home at 9.30pm.

One problem was I had to drive hundreds of miles on a sunny day with a hard top on. Luckily, I had a balaclava on and nobody saw me. ;)

So, I am now the proud owner of 346 of 500.

and she only had 1600 miles on the clock. She has a few more now. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, rog1963, Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43034

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Technically, it is a lot better car as it is newer, softer and a more relaxing ride than the TF160, but I'm not sure how much of that is down to my tinkering, so a comparison isn't really relevant.

It is a true MG as the oil gauge has stopped working and I had to reseat a bit of trim yesterday on the run. But, while some would see that as a problem, I see it as the true MG character and didn't enter into this relationship blindly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43037

• Squeaks
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Loving owning a Porsche :)
so is this a replacement for deep blue?
Dan :)

:D I may not always be right..... BUT I am NEVER wrong lol :D

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43038

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
That was the idea, but she may now be a younger sister for her. ;)

Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43040

• M055Y
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • The one who always wears his united shirts
Very nice Clive :broon:

| 2002 MGTF135 in Skyline White | 16" 11 spoke alloy wheels in gloss black | LE500 front bumper | AP Brakes | BAS Hood | Mike Satur Black Roll Hoops and glass windbreak | Longlife cat back exhaust system | ZnF tweaked | Piano Black detailing |

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43041

• Squeaks
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Loving owning a Porsche :)
Its nice Clive but your the last person I would expect to down grade in power :-?

have you managed to find AJ10CJJ yet? lol
Dan :)

:D I may not always be right..... BUT I am NEVER wrong lol :D

Last edit: Post by Squeaks.

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43044

SUPER DUPER LE 500, lovely colour and nice black wheels. :woohoo: It is a small world in MG circles, one of our Epsom club members has 385 of 500, bought new on a 59 plate, traded in a Rover 200 cabriolet under the scrappage scheme for it and ended up getting about £3k off the list price. he is very pleased with the car, the front suspension ball joint rivets problem has been done and the creaking tie bar under the dashboard has been re-welded. the gearchange is still a bit stiff but is easing with use (i know that some of these have been replaced by MG under warranty)

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43046

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Beautiful car, congratulations Clive.

Never say never .... :nonod: I don't know.... "Don't like glass rear screens, would never have a hardtop" :bust: Oh how times change.

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43048

Having been introduced to the newcomer yesterday, I was surprised but impressed, :broon: I was a little concerned about Deep Blue's feelings. though. :dry:

Do we need a new group for people having two or more MG sports? :-?
David
:shrug:

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43052

Having been introduced to the newcomer yesterday, I was surprised but impressed, :broon: I was a little concerned about Deep Blue's feelings. though. :dry:

Do we need a new group for people having two or more MG sports? :-?

That is a good idea for an elite group, but where do we stop? will they be graded? i have two MGs, MartinW has, well a lot, John Newey, has a few, Madmax and Kimshros have two each, Alan Bradley has three B GT, TF & Midget , Dazlightyear, has soooo many and should i go on???? I think it would be a good idea to put a number on each persons avatar (if they agree) :bust:

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43054

Lovely jubberly. :) Does this mean that I can have your ticket for the orange raffle car now then? :lol:

Re: Hi. A new TF LE500 owner here. 12 years 1 month ago #43057

Lovely jubberly. :) Does this mean that I can have your ticket for the orange raffle car now then? :lol:

Cheapskate, buy your own, unless you know that Clive's is a winner :woohoo:

It is amusing that John has already had three WRONG answers to the question and i gather that someone has said that it is none of the questions!!!!!!!!! people are strange :slapme:

I won a competition a couple of years ago run by MG Enthusiast and the answer was in the article they had written. Speaking to Madeline Lillywhite, their advertising manager, she said that some of the answers given were wildly wrong, out of about 60 entrants only 12 got it right :omg:

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT