Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: TF115 Wheel upgrade question 12 years 2 months ago #42868

David, thank you for answering this debate about 15" and 16" wheels on the Fs and TFs. It is quite true that the larger wheels give a firmer ride because of the lower profile tyres, but sharpens the handling, whereas the 15" have a higher sidewall and can be more "wallow'y"

Having said this one Epsom member went from the Contenentials that were worn out at 30,000 miles, to TOYO T1-Rs and said its like a new car with a softer quiter ride. the Contis were hard & noisy.

Kim went from a PirelliP6000/ Conti on 15" wheels (very unstable) to 16" with Falken ZE912 and said that it was a totally different car, firm and precise.

I think it would be good for Jon Norris to comment with his 17" wheels and 30 profile rubber bands. :omg:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: TF115 Wheel upgrade question 12 years 1 month ago #44203

David, thank you for answering this debate about 15" and 16" wheels on the Fs and TFs. It is quite true that the larger wheels give a firmer ride because of the lower profile tyres, but sharpens the handling, whereas the 15" have a higher sidewall and can be more "wallow'y"

Having said this one Epsom member went from the Contenentials that were worn out at 30,000 miles, to TOYO T1-Rs and said its like a new car with a softer quiter ride. the Contis were hard & noisy.

Kim went from a PirelliP6000/ Conti on 15" wheels (very unstable) to 16" with Falken ZE912 and said that it was a totally different car, firm and precise.

I think it would be good for Jon Norris to comment with his 17" wheels and 30 profile rubber bands. :omg:

I run 18" wheels with 215/35's and yeah its a rough ride compared to normal but I sort of smooth it out a bit with the spax adjustables set softer, so all in all I like the ride it gives and it corners like a gokart in the dry
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: TF115 Wheel upgrade question 12 years 1 month ago #44209

Jon, thank you for answering this, sorry i got the size wrong and i thought it was more of a "pocket rocket" than a go kart !!! :coat:

Re: TF115 Wheel upgrade question 12 years 1 month ago #44252

both of our fs whent to 16inch alloys i found a big difference in handeling and ride comfort
so when i sold the blue one i put the 16s on the wifes red f and said nothing
after a couple of days i got what have you done to my car it handels totaly different and is a far smother ride
my reply does it go round corners better
answer yeh i can realy go for it
set of rear tyres lasted 3k ouch

so swapping is a good thing :broon:
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: TF115 Wheel upgrade question 12 years 1 month ago #44263

Meg's handling and grip was much better when I moved to 16" square spokes with Falken 452's all round. Plus I got a lot less road noise than the 15" ones I ditched. The Falkens seem to wear very well too.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT