• Page:

Topic

Screen Wash Planning 14 years 6 months ago #3341

• eagle's Avatar Topic Author
  • eagle
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Just got myself this.

Its a Land Rover Screen Clean Pump, so hopefully it will solve the lack of water pressure problem.( tried all the other hints ):bath::flag:
Now as its black as hell outside and also tipping it down, I cannot open "Olive" up and see how to install my new toy. So I am looking to my Forum colleagues to assist me in the planning.:help::idea:
First up, the hose nozzles are the same size as the MGF/TF pump, so all I need to do is connect a bit of hose from the pump to the bottle outlet. Has anyone altered the Diameter of the bottle outlet and if so how ?
Next problem, the pump electric connections are not marked + or -, so I will have to try trial and error. Can I do damage to the pump if I connect up in reverse ?
Also wondered what would happen if I installed both pumps in series ?:oops:

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Screen Wash Planning 14 years 6 months ago #3348

Just got myself this.

Its a Land Rover Screen Clean Pump, so hopefully it will solve the lack of water pressure problem.( tried all the other hints ):bath::flag:
Now as its black as hell outside and also tipping it down, I cannot open "Olive" up and see how to install my new toy. So I am looking to my Forum colleagues to assist me in the planning.:help::idea:
First up, the hose nozzles are the same size as the MGF/TF pump, so all I need to do is connect a bit of hose from the pump to the bottle outlet. Has anyone altered the Diameter of the bottle outlet and if so how ?
Next problem, the pump electric connections are not marked + or -, so I will have to try trial and error. Can I do damage to the pump if I connect up in reverse ?
Also wondered what would happen if I installed both pumps in series ?:oops:

I would think that the easiest way is to splice the new pump in the washer pipe at a convenient position, and electrically disconnect the old pump. The new one will need to be secured to stop it thrashing about.

If you wanted, you could remove the old pump and bung the hole with a plastic wine cork( that's a plastic cork not plastic wine!) Then use a nail or something of the right diameter to melt a suitable hole through it to take the pipe.

Connecting the pump up the wrong way will only result in the pump running backwards, AFAIK.

I think that two pumps in series would probably only pump at the rate of the slowest pump, and may mean that the faster pump would overheat, but that's just my opinion.
David
:shrug:

Screen Wash Planning 14 years 6 months ago #3411

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Unfortunately the existing washer pump is the outlet from the tank as the whole pump assembly is a push fit into the hole in the tank.

Fit this new pump at some point in the tubing and either disconnect the loom from the pump, the new pump will draw washer fluid through the existing non-operational pump or wire both up.

I can't see you doing any damage if the new pump is wired in reverse, are there flow direction markings on the casing?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT