Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29808

Planning to customise dials and lighting on the instruments but as my TF is our everyday car I can't risk screwing it up and having the car off the road as a result. The plan is to buy a used unit, do all the modding and then transplant it in after checking everything over first.

This brings me to the question - is the car's milage stored in the speedo itself or in the ecu. In other words will the replacement show the milage off the donor car or off my TF?

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29811

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

..... This brings me to the question - is the car's milage stored in the speedo itself or in the ecu. In other words will the replacement show the milage off the donor car or off my TF?

Mileage stored in the speedo so will be that of the donor.

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29815

[quote="PQD44" post=29811Mileage stored in the speedo so will be that of the donor.[/quote]

Thanks Paul - well it was a cunning plan :lol: mind you I quite fancy having a 30K car again :whistle:

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29816

Hence - clocking! ;) :coat:
David
:shrug:

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29819

[quote="PQD44" post=29811Mileage stored in the speedo so will be that of the donor.

Thanks Paul - well it was a cunning plan :lol: mind you I quite fancy having a 30K car again :whistle:[/quote]

:rant: :rant: The past electronic MoTs will show the correct mileage, could this be a problem with future MoTs??? :whistle:

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29820

Hence - clocking! ;) :coat:

True, but we're not talking about turning the dials with a small screw-driver anymore :oops: - they work on that new fangled electrickery stuff now :bust:

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29825

Why dont you get a replacement dash unit then do what you need to do to it then just swap over your old speedo when you are ready
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29826

• Visitor
  • Visitor
we dont get involed with it but there are companies who do milage correction for £25.00.NEVER USED \THEM but they are out there

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29835

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Tigger - why not follow David's how to on the dials

Click here for the how to

To remove the instrument cluster you don't even need to remove the steering wheel, it's tight, but can be done. Fit your replacement unit temporarily, revamp your existing speedo dials then refit. :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: Speedo milage memory 12 years 6 months ago #29836

Tigger - why not follow David's how to on the dials

Click here for the how to

To remove the instrument cluster you don't even need to remove the steering wheel, it's tight, but can be done. Fit your replacement unit temporarily, revamp your existing speedo dials then refit. :thumbsup:

Now THAT is a cunning plan! Sorted - thanks again Paul :thumbsup:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT