• Page:

Topic

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #2972

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I have just handed over my side vent scoops to someone who is going to try to make a mold and start producing them in Carbon Fibre.

Not sure whether he will be producing a high quality fibre finish, or just ones that can be sprayed up yet, as he was scratching his head over how he could do them. The design doesn't lend itself to production apparently.

He said he will get back to me on progress etc in 2 -3 weeks.

Basically, if it comes off then you will be able to buy these for a TF on e-bay etc.

Apart from the first batch, which I will be hoping to drum up interest for, I will not be involved in selling them etc, I have just offered mine up to make molds from and then he will be selling them.

Once this is done I will be offering him, or another supplier, my bonnet to make a mold from.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #2991

Good scoop news for TF owners!

BTW, I've just ordered some scoops for the F from Polo. So another present for Sheila!

On your bonnet, I can't help feeling that it would look even better if the lines of the central bar in the scoops were continued down to meet the lines on the front, either side of the MG badge.
If you see what I mean?
I would have photoshopped it but my main laptop has gone 'phut', taking my Photoshop with it.:cry:
David
:shrug:

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #2995

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I know what you mean, but their not, so there. :p

It would mean raising that portion up even more.

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #3006

Or dropping the two sides.
David
:shrug:

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #3008

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Or dropping the two sides.

Which would involve a lot of work. I was just happy that the panel had a raised bit that tied in with the bumper.

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #3824

Rough idea of the Cost of the scoops?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #3825

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Have been quoted £50 a pair, but they were a bit more complex than he thought, so they may end up costing a bit more. They are going to be carbon Fibre, but unlike the F ones, they should be a direct replacement for the vent rather than a part that you bond onto your vent.

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #3886

Have been quoted £50 a pair, but they were a bit more complex than he thought, so they may end up costing a bit more. They are going to be carbon Fibre, but unlike the F ones, they should be a direct replacement for the vent rather than a part that you bond onto your vent.

Sounds reasonable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 5 months ago #3907

I have just handed over my side vent scoops to someone who is going to try to make a mold and start producing them in Carbon Fibre.

Not sure whether he will be producing a high quality fibre finish, or just ones that can be sprayed up yet, as he was scratching his head over how he could do them. The design doesn't lend itself to production apparently.

He said he will get back to me on progress etc in 2 -3 weeks.

Basically, if it comes off then you will be able to buy these for a TF on e-bay etc.

Apart from the first batch, which I will be hoping to drum up interest for, I will not be involved in selling them etc, I have just offered mine up to make molds from and then he will be selling them.

Once this is done I will be offering him, or another supplier, my bonnet to make a mold from.

Looks great.

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 2 days ago #12807

• Visitor
  • Visitor
my side vents are on ebay now. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280502037861
Any more news with these ones cjj?

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 2 days ago #12838

Hello Clive,

I would be very interested in a set of these engine bay intake scoops.

I would need them colour coded, (LEF).

Do keep me up to date with this!

Would also need one of your great How-Too's, on removal / replacement.

Best Regards,

Marc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Side vent scoops for MGTF. 14 years 2 days ago #12841

I'm interested too please! Many thanks for the initiative clive
FM :rolleyes:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT