Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

one nipple job 12 years 9 months ago #26841

most TF owners will know that the front top arm has a grease nipple, but unlike the F, there isn't one on the TF's rear top arm, well there is now..........

we'll see if this gives the arms bush some longevity.
Interestingly, the same bush is used in the bottom of the OE TF shock absorbers, so a grease nipple could be added to them.
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: one nipple job 12 years 9 months ago #26846

most TF owners will know that the front top arm has a grease nipple, but unlike the F, there isn't one on the TF's rear top arm, well there is now..........

we'll see if this gives the arms bush some longevity.
Interestingly, the same bush is used in the bottom of the OE TF shock absorbers, so a grease nipple could be added to them.

I like this man's thinking! You can never have too many nipple photos either.:rofl:
Well deserving of a Baldrick award. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: one nipple job 12 years 9 months ago #26851

I've got the other side in now :broon: but I sheared a bolt on the ARB mount (you have to drop the ARB to withdraw the top arm bolt, yet another stunning 'feature' from MG) :oops: which now means I have to drop the exhaust and possibly the sub frame to drill out and replace with a nut/bolt. Sometimes I really hate these bloody cars :rant:
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Re: one nipple job 12 years 9 months ago #26863

David

Re: one nipple job 12 years 9 months ago #26866

back end all back together, got away with just dropping the CAT, which was nice :unsure:

Started fitting new SS brake hoses on the front and on both sides the pipe had corroded into the union :rant: but now I have the n/s one free after copious amounts of Plusgas, the o/s is still being stubborn, so I'll leave it over night to let the Plusgas hopefully do its business, If it still refuses to budge tomorrow, I'll replace the pipe back to the ABS unit.
Pete Vickerstaff

Last edit: Post by petevick.

Re: one nipple job 12 years 9 months ago #26870

back end all back together, got away with just dropping the CAT, which was nice :unsure:

Started fitting new SS brake hoses on the front and on both sides the pipe had corroded into the union :rant: but now I have the n/s one free after copious amounts of Plusgas, the o/s is still being stubborn, so I'll leave it over night to let the Plusgas hopefully do its business, If it still refuses to budge tomorrow, I'll replace the pipe back to the ABS unit.

Congrats. -enjoy your Baldrick award for your cunning nipple plan!
David

Re: one nipple job 12 years 9 months ago #26874

I love my Baldrick Award, its what I've always wanted :woohoo: :woohoo:

ahem......I'd like to thank all those who have supported me over the years (she knows who she is ;) ), I'd also like to thank my spanners for standing up to being thrown across the garage, I'd like to thank my 1/2" socket set and my 3/8" socket set, and also my big 'ammer, without who none of this would have happened....ahem
Pete Vickerstaff

Last edit: Post by petevick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT