Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

anoying rattle/squeak 12 years 9 months ago #26837

ok, its coming from the near side, most likely rear. Its a metal rubbing type noise, or possibly plastic. It only makes the noise on right hand corners if I just pootle round (and not always then) and it comes/go's as the suspension depresses, if I hammer it in and around the corner, there is no noise. Wheel bearings are fine, no wear on any ball joint or any suspension link or bush. I've sprayed all bushes. There is no movement on the exhaust that could make the noise. I've isolated anything that might be flying around in the boot. Its still there when the pax window is up/down.

I'm having the top rear suspension arms out this weekend to fit grease nipples, so that will isolate them, and I'll have a proper look at the damper/spring assembly.

WTF is it !!!!! its driving me ******* nuts !!! :rant: :rant:
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: anoying rattle/squeak 12 years 9 months ago #26849

I had a similar annoying squeak on the Offside. After weeks of trying to find it, doing all of the stuff you've done I finally found that the shocker top mount rubber had perished allowing slight movement. :-?
David
:shrug:

Re: anoying rattle/squeak 12 years 9 months ago #26850

shocker top mounts are polybush and as tight as a very tight thing.
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Re: anoying rattle/squeak 12 years 9 months ago #26858

shocker top mounts are polybush and as tight as a very tight thing.

So are mine...now :yesnod:
David

Re: anoying rattle/squeak 12 years 9 months ago #26867

It might have been the PAX door that was rattling, adjusted the rubber stops, we'll see :whistle:
Pete Vickerstaff

Re: anoying rattle/squeak 12 years 9 months ago #26868

It might have been the PAX door that was rattling, adjusted the rubber stops, we'll see :whistle:

I recently had an annoying rattle behind my head somewhere whilst driving. Turned out to be the connecting rods on the door lock.
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT