Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New MGF hood is needed 13 years 2 days ago #24160

My wife tried to fix the hood while driving with 100km/h, but instead of fixing the hood it crushed to the rear. :( The plastic window is completely destroyed and the frame is also bended and must be replaced.
In case that I have also two small holes I already thought about to exchange the hood anyhow. My “private” mechanic, Uwe (Xpower), gave me the hint to change the hood from the MK1 to the MK2 version because the MK2 version has some improvements on the sealing at the front frame.

Now I am looking for a new hood. In the internet I found a supplier who offers the hood with the plastic window for 195,- BP which is in comparison to German supplier really cheep. The supplier is www.thecartrimmingcompany.co.uk .

Is there anybody who had experience with this supplier? Are there others which you can recommend? :thumbsup:

A colleague from UK will bring the hood to Austria when he visits the next time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: New MGF hood is needed 13 years 2 days ago #24162

Invalid or non-existent item ID.That is a good reliable firm. AS your frame is damaged, you need to be sure that the price is with the frame included, as that sounds a cheap price and maybe just for the fabric part of the hood.

Someone who supplies complete hood with frame(second hand) is MGFnTFBits. They have a shop on ebay, check it out.
It may be possible to get a hood with a glass rear window from them.
David
:shrug:

Aw: Re: New MGF hood is needed 13 years 2 days ago #24170

Many thanks for the information. I missed to say that this is of cause only the price for the hood. The frame will cost in Germany app. 150,-€.
Would you recommend to install a hood with a glass window?

I have to consider that I have the roll bar from ARTA installed which did not gives me really much space, especially when I have to work on the engine and have to open the back side of the hood.

Re: New MGF hood is needed 13 years 2 days ago #24173

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Someone who supplies complete hood with frame(second hand) is MGFnTFBits. They have a shop on ebay, check it out.

Schoppi I can whole heartedly recommend MGFnTFBits, :thumbsup: very nice couple who run the business and there is not much they don't know about our cars, their unit is a real Aladdin's cave of F/TF parts.

Re: Aw: Re: New MGF hood is needed 13 years 2 days ago #24174

Many thanks for the information. I missed to say that this is of cause only the price for the hood. The frame will cost in Germany app. 150,-€.
Would you recommend to install a hood with a glass window?

I have to consider that I have the roll bar from ARTA installed which did not gives me really much space, especially when I have to work on the engine and have to open the back side of the hood.

I would first recommend that you get a hood complete with frame. Fitting the material to the frame is a long job to get right.

If you can I would recommend the glass window as visibility is so much better even than a newish plastic window. Also then you can have a heated rear window.
Plus you don't have to be careful with lowering the hood on cold days(cracking the plastic window)

I am not sure which roll hoops you have(do you have a photo?) but I have these and there is no problem.

David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT