Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Queries 14 years 6 months ago #2369

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
As some of you may have heard, i haven't been able to drive for a little while this mainly due to being on the long term sick with a spinal injury, at this rate i may not hit 27 :rolleyes2:

Anyhoo..............

Needless to say neither of my cars has moved for a fair few months. So went to start the F today, when i started it there was a monumental squeal coming from the engine bay, took the key out, and was still squealing away. Have noticed that the engine fan seems to be coming on ALOT, when previously i don't remember it being on at all, even when doing a short journey and removing the key.

Also the oil temp seems to take ages to rise, have done the usual checks, coolant, oil level etc......... but are all fine.

Any ideas??? :dunno:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Queries 14 years 6 months ago #2372

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
How monumental? There is a whistle, which is the stepper mttor resetting on the throttle body.

The only other thing I can think off is you have a temp sensor/ECU fault which is bringing in the engine bay fan and the fan is squealing.

There isn't much else that keeps going when you turn the ignition off. :dunno:

Queries 14 years 6 months ago #2378

Oooh we sometimes get this horrendous LOUD squeal just before the fan kicks in and even if you turn the engine off it carries on squealing for a bit. Sounds like it could be the same problem?

If it is then I was told it could be the fan motor needs replacing.

Queries 14 years 6 months ago #2381

Before you start the engine, spray the engine bay fan with WD40, if the squealing stops you've found the culprit.

This is not a cure, but just a means of identifying the problem.
David
:shrug:

Queries 14 years 6 months ago #2384

• Visitor
  • Visitor
If your fan is coming on too often, maybe you have a faulty or dirty ambient air temp sensor. This tells the fan to come on if the enigine bay is too hot. Take it off and give it a clean with contact cleaner and see if it helps.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT