Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Cold air 13 years 3 weeks ago #23407

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
usually I talk hot air...so this is a change!!

I have an 18 yr old Golf as a "back-up" car.....which does of course mean its a daily driver as the MG is always sick.

anyhoos...I notice in this warm weather that the cold air from the blower in the cabin is much colder than that in the F, even though there's an engine bay at the front.

Anyone know why? Does the F take it straight from the "air" at the window intake? Would it be better to take form underneath car, or bumper area? The golf doesnt have AC and I see no path from air to blower that is special in anyway compared to the F.

What is your cold air like....is it 'cold'?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Cold air 13 years 3 weeks ago #23408

afaik, the F/TF draws air in thru the vents in front of the screen.
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23429

Wot he said!:yesnod:

Maybe we should look at a cold air feed for the heater,:lol:

Should be pretty easy to set up.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23430

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Wot he said!:yesnod:

Maybe we should look at a cold air feed for the heater,:lol:

Should be pretty easy to set up.:yesnod:

Might look into that. After all, I will need it at least two days every year....so its very important! ;)

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23431

I think our cold air in the F is 'proper cold'.
Thinking about it, is your heater valve shutting off completely?:shrug:
David

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23433

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I think our cold air in the F is 'proper cold'.
Thinking about it, is your heater valve shutting off completely?:shrug:

nail....head....perhaps

The temp dial doesn't work properly. It usually either stick on cold to middle, or middle to hot (i.e. I can turn halfway then it sticks, occasionally unsticking). I assumed when it was down at cold, it would be cold, but you are probably 100% correct...and its not closing/opening properly.... makes sense

Might be a dead animal stopping it as there's a horrible smell form the blowers LOL

tomorrows job after the stalling is "fixed"......................

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23434

We had the opposite, the heater wasn't as hot as it used to be, and when I checked the cable had moved. Readjusted the cable and we're back to toasty hot.:yesnod:
David

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23501

Sounds and smells like a fungal growth on the heat exchanger, like you get in Air con systems or there is stale festering wate in there somewhere. or, or, or, a dead mouse :whistle: :ohmy:

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23546

Decided to sort out my cable today, which has been stuck on hot since I got the car.
Found that the clip was loose on the cable so re lipped it and adjusted so that I was getting the correct travel. Then I found that it wasn't moving smoothly with the control knob 'skipping' part way through the cables travel. Couldn't see it snagging on anything so Im suspecting a dodgy control knob.
Also now found that on trying the cold position for the first time that with the fan on position 3 and 4 it is blowing 'coldish', but on position 1 and 2 or with it off it is still putting out hot air. Any ideas?

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23547

Decided to sort out my cable today, which has been stuck on hot since I got the car.
Found that the clip was loose on the cable so re lipped it and adjusted so that I was getting the correct travel. Then I found that it wasn't moving smoothly with the control knob 'skipping' part way through the cables travel. Couldn't see it snagging on anything so Im suspecting a dodgy control knob.
Also now found that on trying the cold position for the first time that with the fan on position 3 and 4 it is blowing 'coldish', but on position 1 and 2 or with it off it is still putting out hot air. Any ideas?

On the still blowing hot on cold thing, It's just a matter of adjusting the clip on the cable to get cold air at cold and hot at hot.

My knob also does not revolve smoothly, but I think it's to do with valve operation rather than the cable itself.
David

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23548

Clive to the rescue.

You need to move the cable up if you want more hot (A) or down if you want cooler (B).
David

Re: Cold air 13 years 2 weeks ago #23549

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
might have a play with mine tomorrow...after work

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT