Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Locking wheel nuts 13 years 3 weeks ago #23117

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Need new ones as one of mine was to tight, tried the trolly jack on the end of the wrench and the car lifted! Eventually used the 14lb club hammer method!

Any one have experience of these ones?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Re: Locking wheel nuts 13 years 3 weeks ago #23119

Two answers for the price of one.:lol:
They look good value for money, but don't know who's used them. Most people use McGard.

The nuts with the locking mech on the outside of the nut are more vulnerable to thieves than the McGard type, but as only another f/tf owner would be able to use your wheels, there is a reduced chance of theft, anyway
David
:shrug:

Re: Locking wheel nuts 13 years 3 weeks ago #23122

Two answers for the price of one.:lol:
They look good value for money, but don't know who's used them. Most people use McGard.

The nuts with the locking mech on the outside of the nut are more vulnerable to thieves than the McGard type, but as only another f/tf owner would be able to use your wheels, there is a reduced chance of theft, anyway

The price seemed almost too keen for me but I thought they would match the OE standard nuts well.

The wheels also fit maestros, montegos and a lot of 60's and 70's british cars and chavs assume they fir Rover 200's etc "cos it's a Rover mate, init?"

Re: Locking wheel nuts 13 years 3 weeks ago #23125

i bought mine off flea bay, cost £16 for 16 nuts chromes, i found the ome nuts a pain and they started to round, i havent fitted my locking nuts back on, waiting for a decent set to come come around
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Locking wheel nuts 13 years 3 weeks ago #23127

As F/TF's are so few over here and the PCD is odd, I have discarded the locking nuts and taken the chance who would want my wheels!

Re: Locking wheel nuts 13 years 3 weeks ago #23128

Looking at the ones I posted and several similar they seem to all have the same pattern on the lock nut which suggests to me that they only have 1 pattern and that is why they are so cheap.

Re: Locking wheel nuts 13 years 3 weeks ago #23135

Looking at the ones I posted and several similar they seem to all have the same pattern on the lock nut which suggests to me that they only have 1 pattern and that is why they are so cheap.

Worth a punt at that price?:shrug:
There was a guy selling mcgards on ebay for £12, but I've just checed and he's sold out.

Hmm, bit of a waste of time posting this then.:rofl:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.887 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT