Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mgf suspension dropping 13 years 2 weeks ago #22960

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
i wonder if you guys have a idea on why my mgf suspension is dropping i had it repumped up last october and now its starting to go down on both sides , there is no hydrolastic fluid leaking, is it the spheres would i need them changing or could it be somethink else that wont break the bank
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: mgf suspension dropping 13 years 2 weeks ago #22962

i wonder if you guys have a idea on why my mgf suspension is dropping i had it repumped up last october and now its starting to go down on both sides , there is no hydrolastic fluid leaking, is it the spheres would i need them changing or could it be somethink else that wont break the bank

They do lose height over time, but they are also affected by temperature. How much have they dropped?
David
:shrug:

Re: mgf suspension dropping 13 years 2 weeks ago #22963

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
i had the repumped to the specified height in october. now i can just about get a trolly jack under the subframe. i wonder if its because i have been jacking the car up a few times doing bits and bobs underneath. apart from that i carnt see why it should drop that fast

Re: mgf suspension dropping 13 years 2 weeks ago #22964

After 6 months, I wouldn't have expected it to drop more than 10-20mm.
Other than checking all the joints and the valves for seepage, it is possible for the nitrogen in the 'other half' of the spheres to leak. Usually gas leaks cause the suspension to become really hard.
David

Re: mgf suspension dropping 13 years 2 weeks ago #22966

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
yes david the nitrogen could leak but i would of thought you notice it on one side, but both sides to drop is abit weired i will get it repumped the see what happens. theres diff no leaks you carnt miss the colour of the hydrolastic fluid tho

Re: mgf suspension dropping 13 years 2 weeks ago #22968

yes david the nitrogen could leak but i would of thought you notice it on one side, but both sides to drop is abit weired i will get it repumped the see what happens. theres diff no leaks you carnt miss the colour of the hydrolastic fluid tho

Agreed, but I have ours pumped up every year, and I've never seen a leak yet.:shrug:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT