Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22823

Hi all haven't been on here chatting for a while tho I've been comin and reading a bit what's happenin! been busy at home and with some problems which now I'm happy to say are over, sun is shining with tempreture over 23 degrees here and so I decied I take the MG out of hibernation and off for a spin but a couple of minutes in the run, came to a roundabout, braked a bit hevaily on some water from a guy wahsing his car and skidded and I ended on the roundabout! :( Result 3 broken wheels 2 damaged suspensions there's a damaged rear hub and a front wishbone a big dent from a tree on the rear RH wing which cna be pulled out but there's quite some nasty damage on the sill just under the driver's door, the insurance surveyor can't seem to find any parts locally so he gave me the job of doing this till tomorrow, found almost everything from the UK except the part I need most the rear wing complete with sill, talked to Rimmer but they don't seem too enthusiastic on sending the part over to Malta does anyone know anywhere else where I can buy this part, XPart sent me to my local ex MG Rover dealer who told me will have to see if he can find the part (I'm sure he won't even try) , welovemgfs, mgfntfbitz and gtmgftf don't want to send the part! and I don't want to have a sill full of filler!! :( I don't need the whole wing even just the sill the length of the door would be enough! Thanks for your help
FM :rolleyes:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22824

Wow, Frank, that's terrible luck!:omg:

Have you tried MGFheaven(used to be VVCSteve)?

Failing that - could you pay and have it delivered to me, to post on to you? Unless there's someone on the forum who's near to one of these places that could pick it up for you and post on?:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22827

Thanks Dave as always very helpful

I'm hoping Rimmer will get back to me with a postage price but their new wing costs over €500 (which is sorta OK as it's the insurance paying tho they did tell me they have a budget in mind!)

and GTMGFtF has this in stock but it is a bit shorter than I need bu it would still help!

they are located in Walsall I beleive

recently I sold a Morris Minor pick-up side to the UK, the buyer got TNT and it only cost him £80!

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22830

Thanks Dave as always very helpful

I'm hoping Rimmer will get back to me with a postage price but their new wing costs over €500 (which is sorta OK as it's the insurance paying tho they did tell me they have a budget in mind!)

and GTMGFtF has this in stock but it is a bit shorter than I need bu it would still help!

they are located in Walsall I beleive

recently I sold a Morris Minor pick-up side to the UK, the buyer got TNT and it only cost him £80!

i think Rimmers will post, I know they posted stuff to Vancouver recently.:yesnod:
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankm83

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22836

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Assuming it is a TF.

There is one in the Netherlands, not sure if it is easier for them to transport it to you

http://thepart.com/en/search/details.mhtml?id=49392232

ANother Clicky

The hubs are available on e-bay for around £35 new

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110601875160&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankm83

Last edit: Post by cjj.

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22852

many thanks Clive will try and contact them hoping they speak English! :)

about the hubs does it matter if its ABS car or not?

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22853

many thanks Clive will try and contact them hoping they speak English! :)

about the hubs does it matter if its ABS car or not?

You can use ABS Hubs on a non ABS car.:yesnod:
David

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22857

Try ebay ..Its often worth the looking .

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22858

Thanks Dave mine is an ABS model

yes looked on Ebay no luck at the moment

still awaiting reply from rimmer and will give the netherlands guys a call later

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22859

Thanks Dave mine is an ABS model

yes looked on Ebay no luck at the moment

still awaiting reply from rimmer and will give the netherlands guys a call later

In that case, you can't use a non ABS Hub on an ABS Car.:lol:
David

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22862

Rimmers ships parts to me in Canada. The delivery is 3 days via UPS.
They will ship large items (The last was a set of coolant pipes)
It could just be a shipping issue to Malta. Maybe their usual carriers don't go there or have had problems?
(Just speculation of course...Maybe one of the Rimmer brothers had a bad experience with a Maltese girl?:ohmy: )

Cheers,
Rich

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: back and in need of some help! please 13 years 2 weeks ago #22866

I'm happy!

just ordered one form Moss Europe, hope they dispatch soon shipping was just £160 via TNT whereas Rimmers quoted £680 for shipping only exc VAT!!!! that's one hell of a difference! :D

ordered the hub also, the one Clive pointed me to now I need a front wishbone lots of variety of prices on Ebay!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT