Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Insurance 13 years 2 weeks ago #22778

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
We just got the quote for the MGF from our current insurer. Tesco insurance.
£460!:omg: Up 20% despite another years no claims.:nonod:

So I tried Confused.com and got a quote of £220 from Sheila's wheels! Well the car is Sheila's wheels after all!:rofl:
RESULT!!

Home insurance is also due this month so I ran that through Confused.com also.
Current Insurer - Direct Line: £540
Liverpool and Victoria: £250
Another RESULT!!

All like for like policies, I mean WTF are these companies playing at? Don't they want to keep their customers?
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Insurance 13 years 2 weeks ago #22793

dave did you try lancaster insurance. i too use to stay with certain companies but got fed up of being ripped off year after year with my price going up to pay for others premiums, so now i shop around every year. the best bit is when you do not renew with the insurance company then they say they will get you a better deal. why dont they do that in the first place.:angry: :angry:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Insurance 13 years 2 weeks ago #22805

We just got the quote for the MGF from our current insurer. Tesco insurance.
£460!:omg: Up 20% despite another years no claims.:nonod:

So I tried Confused.com and got a quote of £220 from Sheila's wheels! Well the car is Sheila's wheels after all!:rofl:
RESULT!!

Home insurance is also due this month so I ran that through Confused.com also.
Current Insurer - Direct Line: £540
Liverpool and Victoria: £250
Another RESULT!!

All like for like policies, I mean WTF are these companies playing at? Don't they want to keep their customers?

The insurance companies hope you wont move and most people dont because of the hassle (they think) i had exactly the same situation at renewal for my Honda Accord with Esure, it seems to have shot up this year by about 25% (i am on max NCB of 75%) i went to go compare and got a like for like policy with LV for £280 over £100 cheaper than Esure! and they didnt say anything to keep me when i said i wasnt going to renew.
Our house insurance is with RIAS (over 50ies) and it has gone down this year by almost half.

BTW Sheila's Wheels is owned by Esure :whistle:

Re: Insurance 13 years 2 weeks ago #22807

I had the same with my house insurance via direct line, their renewal this year was £499, up from £290 despite no claim having been made :unsure:

The same happened last year and they brought it down to price match but this year they weren't interested in adjusting their quote so were told where to stick it. I got a decent quote elsewhere of £300.

Car insurance not due until September - will be interesting to see what crazy figure they come up with for that :angry:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT