Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Keys. Second key and immobiliser fob 13 years 3 weeks ago #22682

Yesterday, my lovely wife accidently put the MGF key in her handbag with her other car keys! I spent a happy (!) half hour hunting around for it. :( Finally got an apologetic text. Thankfully, I was not on an emergency errand. But this got us both to thinking, what is the best and cheapest way to get a second key cut and a fob (unprogrammed??) to provide us with a spare set. We bought Rev'd Green with just one key (and next to no service history) but she's been great- and the summers coming!!B)

So- any advice out there much appreciated.:cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Keys. Second key and immobiliser fob 13 years 3 weeks ago #22684

The key is easy. Any locksmith can supply you with a copy.
The fob... Well you can buy one from ebay, but you need to get the system reprogrammed to accept it. so you need someone with a T4 testbook(mgr dealer or similar) or find someone with a compatible hand held programmer.
Or just go to your nearest MGR garage and they'll remove all the money in your wallet and provide you with a new fob and programme it in for you!:lol:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Keys. Second key and immobiliser fob 13 years 3 weeks ago #22703

Thanks David.
really helpful advice. Just enjoyed a nice sunny Friday around the country lanes of Kent yesterday. The extra key will keep me motoring.

Re: Keys. Second key and immobiliser fob 13 years 3 weeks ago #22710

Just back from the Goats on the Roof Run, Fantastic, wall to wall sunshine!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT