Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

FAILED TF ENGINE MOUNTING 13 years 3 months ago #21095

Thought i would show pictures of the failed top engine mounting on a 2005 MG TF ~ you will see that one of the bolts sheared some time before the second bolt because the end is black and the loose bolt has worn away the mounting. the car made some interesting noises when the second bolt sheared. :whistle:

Two more pictures to come

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: FAILED TF ENGINE MOUNTING 13 years 3 months ago #21096

Thought i would show pictures of the failed top engine mounting on a 2005 MG TF ~ you will see that one of the bolts sheared some time before the second bolt because the end is black and the loose bolt has worn away the mounting. the car made some interesting noises when the second bolt sheared. :whistle:

Re: FAILED TF ENGINE MOUNTING 13 years 3 months ago #21097

The sheared bolts.

Re: FAILED TF ENGINE MOUNTING 13 years 3 months ago #21098

ooh err!

Something else to check.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: FAILED TF ENGINE MOUNTING 13 years 3 months ago #21143

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Have seen this first hand on someones car. It sheared when they were doing a fair bit of speed on a motorway and the engine dropped onto the exhaust manifold.

This put stress on the head and gasket which caused HGF.

The car was repaired but was never the same with overheating problems etc.

The guy got P'd off, sold up and bought a different car. :(

Re: FAILED TF ENGINE MOUNTING 13 years 3 months ago #21153

Have seen this first hand on someones car. It sheared when they were doing a fair bit of speed on a motorway and the engine dropped onto the exhaust manifold.

This put stress on the head and gasket which caused HGF.

The car was repaired but was never the same with overheating problems etc.

The guy got P'd off, sold up and bought a different car. :(

This one went (second bolt sheared) pulling away from traffic lights, made some terrible noises as the engine had dropped, car trailered home, little damage was done otherwise. The mounting was replaced completely with all new bolts and it has been fine since. This TF is in regular daily use. :lol:

Re: FAILED TF ENGINE MOUNTING 13 years 3 months ago #21154

Ooo one fault I haven't had, maybe because that mount on mine is siezed solid....lol
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT