Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21012

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
not sure on this but i am considering fitting mgf trophy head lights on my mgf, i did fancy the TF headlights but looking on the price might as well buy a complete TF for the price. my mgf is brg green just wonderd what it would look like with the trophy head lights any pic please would be super.
OMG i havent stopped modding this car since i got it ive got the MG bug big time . my mrs reckons ive spent more on the mgf than the 20 yrs we have been together, is there a cure ?
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by rayb.

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21013

No cure known as yet they either get used to it or leave you....lol

You can spray paint your existing lights to look like trophy ones quite a few people have done it and its a lots cheaper

or you can spray them to match the body colour
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21015

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
thats a brill idea rough luck. i will px the car and the mrs, ad reads high milage cheap runabout , body works good for its age. the car comes free hehe whoops shes behind me

Last edit: Post by rayb.

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21016

How to here:- Trophy lights
David
:shrug:

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21017

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
do i have to remove the front bumper to take the headlights out, as i would of thought they would come out seperately

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21020

yeah its a bumper off job....you need to strip the lights down to get a good job aswell

clips round the outside to get the outer lense off, you can get the inside to come right out too, they are on like bobble screws

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21021

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
im hoping the front bumper removal is better than the rear, no nasty surprises

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21023

Yeah it is, screws in to plastic clips along the top about 7, .....2 screws or torque screw on each side connecting along the join with the wings, take out indicators 2 17-19mm bolts

If your slap panel brase is still in one peice then 2 x 10mm bolts on the slap panel

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21107

I have just picked up a set of trophy headlamps on eBay. I was lucky to find a set in LHD. They will help me pass the new import inspection. That will be soon as my MGF is now on the train to the west coast having been snowed in at the port of Halifax for two weeks.
I have been unable to log in for the last few days on any of our computers. I have resorted to the iPod to send tie. What a royal pain!
I hope to have this sorted before the car gets here.
Cheers, rich

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21111

Nice one, glad to see you back.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21122

I have just picked up a set of trophy headlamps on eBay. I was lucky to find a set in LHD. They will help me pass the new import inspection. That will be soon as my MGF is now on the train to the west coast having been snowed in at the port of Halifax for two weeks.
I have been unable to log in for the last few days on any of our computers. I have resorted to the iPod to send tie. What a royal pain!
I hope to have this sorted before the car gets here.
Cheers, rich

Pleased to see you back :woohoo: we are awaiting tha arrival of your new baby with bated breath :silly:

Re: trophy head lights 13 years 3 months ago #21205

Simon got me sorted out with the forum. It must have been programmed to keep the Yanks out and I got caught up in the net!
(Just kidding Merican friends! :ohmy: ) Thanks also to David for passing on my messages to Simon!
It sure is nice to be able to use a proper computer on the T-Bar again. Surfing the forum on an I-Pod could drive you over the edge pretty quickly.
I have been trying to show some restraint while waiting for the car to arrive (Maybe this week! :woohoo: ) and have managed not to buy any more bits for the last couple of weeks. I was very tempted by some nice Grenadine seats and door cards on e-bay though!
I got an e-mail that my Trophy lights have been shipped so hopefully they will arrive before the car so I have all my ducks in a row for the inspection. My efforts to buy the only MGF hardtop for sale in North America have failed. The fellow selling it just couldn't get his act together even after 10 weeks of trying to build a crate for the thing. I have decided to invest the money set aside for the hardtop in a diagnostic system instead. I will start another thread on that though.

It's Good to be Back!,
Rich

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT