Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Water Pump?? 13 years 3 months ago #20892

Definitely agree with getting hold of Russell.. he did Meg's HG and cam-belt - great value and a really nice guy to boot!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Water Pump?? 13 years 3 months ago #20893

its always best to shop around aswell for prices,you will be surprised at the hr labour charges. i always pop in to the garage and see what the grease monkeys (no offence ment) are like, as ive seen some mechanics feet up on somebodys dash eating there lunch with oily overalls on
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Water Pump?? 13 years 3 months ago #20912

You definately need to get a quote from Russell - he changed my cambelt and water pump as well as checking/pumping hydragas units, programed 2 key fobs and supplied EKA code in about 3 hours :)

But that's because he know's what he's doing ;)

Cost was £225 :woohoo:

Re: Water Pump?? 13 years 3 months ago #21093

All fixed today. Bill of £240. While they were replacing the pump they also noticed that 2 bolts were missing on the inlet manifold which puts suspicion on the quality of work of the previous garage. Only grump I have is that they once again overfilled the expansion tank to within half inch of the top. I will syphon some off tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice re Russell. I'll bear him in mind if ever the HG does go, but being a few hundred miles from him I suspect it would work out expensive. I've also since been given the name of a mechanic (with excellent references) nearby who works on his own and for only £20 an hour :cheer: The next job, when it arises, will go to him and if he proves to be good then Ill post up references for anyone in this area who might need a mechanic.
Next job .... more leaks .... windows!! Have just been reading cjj's How to's and as soon as we get a dry weekend will be attempting to adjust windows to get a better seal.
Thanks all
r

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT