Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

car stereo 13 years 3 months ago #20418

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
it wont be long before spring/summer is here and im wondering what is a decent car stereo and speakers to fit in my mgf. im confused with all the different makes out on the market. i just want a decent one that plays mp3s
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: car stereo 13 years 3 months ago #20419

What do you mean by mp3s?

Are you hopping to plug a MP3 player into the headunit or play MP3 tracks recorded onto a CD?

If you want to use the player you get better quaility through a USB socket than you do just using the ear phone socket.

Personally I have a Kenwood unit in my ZS180 which has all 3 options but the best is plugging my daughters iPod through a compatable lead which allows me to use the head unit to control the iPod.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: car stereo 13 years 3 months ago #20420

MP3 discs or able to listen to music on an mp3 player? Most these days will do all kind of things and even the no name brands with have the ability to connect an ipod or such. As far as speakers go, that all depends on how much money you want to spend. I recently installed all new speakers in the door and installed the rear t-bar. i got some information from here: http://www.mgcars.org.uk/MGF/mgfaq.htm Down the page you will see some ideas for speakers.

N

Re: car stereo 13 years 3 months ago #20426

You need to wash your mouth out! looking at .org, we have a lot of info here before you have to go to the other side :evil:

Re: car stereo 13 years 3 months ago #20434

You need to wash your mouth out! looking at .org, we have a lot of info here before you have to go to the other side :evil:

That's a different website from the one you thought it was, Bryan.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: car stereo 13 years 3 months ago #20490

just got one of these which gets around having to plug anything into the player

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wiki-Car-MP3-Player-FM-Transmitter-ipod-digital-music_W0QQitemZ330489628468QQcategoryZ3293QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6343670350246015606

Sorry ebay link wouldn't work - edit Oh! :lol:

trying it with my mp3 player tomorrow but works well with the SD inserted

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Last edit: Post by Tigger.

Re: car stereo 13 years 3 months ago #20492

I was lucky enough to have £70 of halfords vouchers, so the first thing I did was replace the existing CD player for one that took a USB stick as I didnt fancy the idea of having a load of CDs cluttering the glove box/floor etc. I went for this one:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_770489_langId_-1_categoryId_165474
I know people will argue that the sound quality from compressed mp3's don't match that of an original CD, but when you are paying round the £100 mark for a player I seriously doubt many would spot the difference and Im impressed with the sound. Thumbs up from me.
No more CDs, just one 4 gb memory stick from now on.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT