Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20068

Hi,

New to MGF and this forum. When reversing car into garage in very cold weather clipped the drivers side wing mirror and the outer casing shattered! (Grrr) I have managed to get a passenger side wing mirror and (to the eye) the green casing section looks identical. Can someone tell me if a LH wing mirror casing will fit on a drivers side? Also, how do I detach the wing mirror wiring? It is an electric one.

Many thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20069

To be honest its so long since I've done one I can't remember

But I think they are the same castings on all the models until the LE500 new versions in the last couple of years

even the electric ones have a different black glass surround but the same colour coded bit

which bit did you knacker up the colour coded bit or the glass surround
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe
The following user(s) said Thank You: j.colwill

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20071

Nope, they're different.

The mirror will fit, but the motors inside will do the "opposite" of what you expect them to do (since the signals are inverted).

Been there, tried that, bought the correct side afterwards ;)
MGF Register - North Wales Rep
TF135 in XPrimerGrey ;-) - Toyo manifold, TTMK3, ZnF Remap and stripes when Lee gets his ar*e in gear :) .... Oh, and a GREEN SUBFRAME!

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20074

Nope, they're different.

The mirror will fit, but the motors inside will do the "opposite" of what you expect them to do (since the signals are inverted).

Been there, tried that, bought the correct side afterwards ;)

True but you can swap the correct motor/cradle into the good mirror.

The mirror is attached by two nuts behind the covers in the black plastic cheater.You'll need to take off the door card to connect the electrics.

Look here for a view of the mirror internals

Ps Welcome to the forum.
Feel free to ask any questions, and we'd love to see any photos you have of your car.
Please use the welcome section if you want to introduce yourself.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20079

Thanks very much- I'll print off your article and get back to you. Kind regards,

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20080

The colour coded bit- the mirror and mechanism is still absolutely fine.

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20088

Hi. Happy ending to 'mirror' story. Followed your instructions re: removal of door card and fitted new mirror. Works perfectly and isn't a passengers side one - as all the switch gear works fine too. (So I don't know what the LH sticker meant). Colour match is good too.Thanks to those who gave advice.

Attachments:

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 4 months ago #20089

I do like a happy ending.:yesnod::lol:
David
:shrug:

Re: Wing Mirror replacement. 13 years 3 months ago #20159

Welcome to the Forum :woohoo: You are in very good hands, we are all very friendly and have the answers to almost everything (somewhere) about MGFs and TFs and what we dont know we can find it. ask your questions and all will be revealed. Welcome to the world of MGs :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT