Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: MGTF PRODUCTION FINISHED 13 years 4 months ago #19972

I think it could go one of two ways.
Either we get Chinese build quality and level of finish and MG ends up being pitched at the same level as Kia and Hyundai or we get good British design with a European quality finish at a bargain price like Seat or Skoda.

I'm hoping that if Jaguar don't get around to making the XF estate soon then MG will have something to replace our X-Type in 3 or 4 years time.

Anyone know where the engines are coming from? I know the N series is just a development of the K series but any new models will need a decent collection of petrol and diesel engines.

Andy, i am quoting from the article in Auto Express 8-14 December 2010 ~ Engines will be GM units! Engines will come from Buick Regal's line up, which consists of naturally aspirated 2.0 and 2.4- litre units as well as the potent 2.0-litre turbo found in the sporting Insignias. Increasing international appeal is a priority for SIAC - meaning there will be a diesel variant, although it's more likely to be the firms own turbodiesel engine shortly to arrive in the MG6. The MG7 design is from SIAC's Longbridge Technical Centre and is expected to make its European debut in the next three years. :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGTF PRODUCTION FINISHED 13 years 4 months ago #19976

When I was in China earlier in the year I visited an MG dealer. Now apart from the sales staff not wanting anythign to do with westerners and ignoring us, the cars themselves were very well put together.

The MG7 (ZT) that was there was lovely, well fitted shut lines and lovely interior. The MG3 even which is a pile of poo Streetwise looked quite good!

The MG6 was very nice indeed. I agree it doesn't 'look' like what we would call a traditional MG, but then the Z range didn't either! The F/TF looked nothing like a B. In fact when the RV8 came out everyone shouted 'oh god look at that old design'!!!

At some point all manufacturers HAVE to modernise their ranges and move on, otherwise people simply stop buying them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT