Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: MG TF Coolant..!!?? 13 years 4 months ago #19781

Fingers crossed it's not HGF mayo - another possibility is that you have topped up with the wrong antifreeze recently? OAT and Ethylene Glycol are usually 'pink/orange' and 'green/blue' respectively - BUT sometimes they can come in the opposite colour apparently, and if accidentally mixed they cause a sludge to form.

David A does not agree with this, he did a test mixing the two types together and nothing happened to form sludge, mind you it may need to be heated an mixed with a bit of oil and combustion gasses :whistle:

Ooh maybe where I googled it from was talking total twaddle then!

It is widely held that this is the case. Just out of interest I mixed some Ethylene Glycol with OAT and nothing happened. I heated it up and still nothing, so :shrug:

I don't know how the antifreeze properties are effected, or how it would be effected by in engine use. It was just an exercise in curiosity, tbh.
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MG TF Coolant..!!?? 13 years 4 months ago #19887

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Right then, quick update.

Sunday afternoon I removed the expansion tank and gave it a good clean. Refitted and topped up with new antifreeze.

I have used it Mon, Tues and today and the coolant has stayed clean and clear and at the same level.
Oil also still very clean.

Im thinking 'have I' or 'havent I' got HGF?

Re: MG TF Coolant..!!?? 13 years 4 months ago #19896

Right then, quick update.

Sunday afternoon I removed the expansion tank and gave it a good clean. Refitted and topped up with new antifreeze.

I have used it Mon, Tues and today and the coolant has stayed clean and clear and at the same level.
Oil also still very clean.

Im thinking 'have I' or 'havent I' got HGF?

How's the coolant level? is that stable?
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT