Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Guess what the clacking was in Megs engine bay.... 13 years 5 months ago #19256

a trapped illegal immigrant?

Haha - now round here that would be possible I think!

Nah was nothing so exciting - one of the spark plugs had come loose and was rattling around! Surprised I hadn't noticed any loss of power.... I must have not tightened it properly last time I cleaned them off - Ho Hum.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Guess what the clacking was in Megs engine bay.... 13 years 5 months ago #19260

Nah was nothing so exciting - one of the spark plugs had come loose and was rattling around! Surprised I hadn't noticed any loss of power.... I must have not tightened it properly last time I cleaned them off - Ho Hum.

If it was that loose, i am surprised it didnt blow out of the head!!!! :evil:

Re: Guess what the clacking was in Megs engine bay.... 13 years 5 months ago #19272

+1 on that. I've heard of them blowing out before. Makes a nasty bang!:lol:
David
:shrug:

Re: Guess what the clacking was in Megs engine bay.... 13 years 5 months ago #19273

The map cannot be displayed, you haven't specified a location yet.

Tell me about it!Talk about lucky. I reckon the plastic spark plug cover strip and the long plug lead top was all that was stopping it undoing any more!

Re: Guess what the clacking was in Megs engine bay.... 13 years 5 months ago #19278

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I sorted someones MGF once, as soon as I heard it I knew it was a loose plug, so it must have been your description. Usually it is a loud clicking noise. I think the guessing competition should be void due to bad description. Did you check the air box for any parallel universes? ;)

Re: Guess what the clacking was in Megs engine bay.... 13 years 5 months ago #19288

I sorted someones MGF once, as soon as I heard it I knew it was a loose plug, so it must have been your description. Usually it is a loud clicking noise. I think the guessing competition should be void due to bad description. Did you check the air box for any parallel universes? ;)

The air box - now that was lovely last time I changed the air filter.. full of dust, leaves and other associated crap!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT