Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18561

Hi everyone,
Just been told by my local independant tyre dealer that the Toyos,215/40/16s will be available from next Wednesday at a price of £92 fitted, if ordering 4.How does this compare with what everyone has been quoted?I am still not 100% whether to go for 215s all round or put 195/45/16s on the front,Midnight is a 2000 1.8.The uncertanty regarding the front tyre size is nothing to do with cost but more with possible handling issues,anybodies input welcome.Just realised,not mentioned that I am upgrading from 15s.
Regards Neil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by neilowen1.

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18563

TF's have 195/45R16s on the front but I think it's recommended that F's go with 215s all round.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18567

im just about to put on 205/50/15's all round on my F, putting on these babies...

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18568

not herd of these before mate

some of the Fs ran 205s all round, i believe it was just the abingdons though

it's generally agreed that running one section down on the front is a good idea weather an F or TF

this gives a bit more of a balance on grip and adds some understeer (safer than oversteer or some MG decided)

CJJ has run 205s front and 225 rear on standard 16" 11 spokes and reported favourable resuts

my TF will be running 205 front 225 rear anyway when it gets its new boots (probebly Toyo R888s as it wont be going out in the wet!

adam
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18571

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

im just about to put on 205/50/15's all round on my F, putting on these babies...

Would be interested how these perform as I haven't heard much about them on F T/Fs.

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18572

not herd of these before mate

some of the Fs ran 205s all round, i believe it was just the abingdons though

it's generally agreed that running one section down on the front is a good idea weather an F or TF

this gives a bit more of a balance on grip and adds some understeer (safer than oversteer or some MG decided)

CJJ has run 205s front and 225 rear on standard 16" 11 spokes and reported favourable resuts

my TF will be running 205 front 225 rear anyway when it gets its new boots (probebly Toyo R888s as it wont be going out in the wet!

adam

R1R's are R888 compound but for "moist" conditions, have them on my Lotus, and been out round brands hatch in a 400bhp lotus europa with them on and boy do that cling to the road... even in january. :)

Used to swear by R888s but moved to R1Rs as they are same compound and grip but better in the damp.

Oz.

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18573

Hi everyone,
Just been told by my local independant tyre dealer that the Toyos,215/40/16s will be available from next Wednesday at a price of £92 fitted, if ordering 4.How does this compare with what everyone has been quoted?I am still not 100% whether to go for 215s all round or put 195/45/16s on the front,Midnight is a 2000 1.8.The uncertanty regarding the front tyre size is nothing to do with cost but more with possible handling issues,anybodies input welcome.Just realised,not mentioned that I am upgrading from 15s.
Regards Neil

is that price each? if so that is pretty expensive!
I've just had 2 Nexen 6000 215/40/16 fitted for £100 the pair.

Believe me the Toyos are not worth that extra cost!

I was quoted £65 for Toyos at the same tyre dealer.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18580

Yes David £92 each,might have to try some other outlets.
Regards Neil

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18581

I had 4 Yokohama S.Drives fitted a couple of weeks for £330 although they were 195/45 fronts and 215/40 rears.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18592

fantastic info oz

im assuming however they are not a wet tyre?

i may invest in another set of wheels if some come up at the right price for these as well as my R888s just in case track days dawn in the damp lol

adam
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18630

I really aint sure about the Toyo's.. I have had them fitted on Tigger, my 2001 F and I really dont trust them 100%... Beryl the 98 F has Nexen's on and they are cracking tyres...
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Re: Toyo tyres 13 years 5 months ago #18636

I really aint sure about the Toyo's.. I have had them fitted on Tigger, my 2001 F and I really dont trust them 100%... Beryl the 98 F has Nexen's on and they are cracking tyres...

I don't think cracking is good with regard to tyres.:P
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT