Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18380

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
just spent 3hrs to day adjusting the window seals on the mgf, got it the best i can but there is still a gap where the window joins the a frame seal (the rubber that goes around the main winscreen), it seems that the window will not adjust any more to seal it. but if i press the rubber out from inside the car its fine, so i might have to pack it a bit or buy a new windscreen rubber, anybody had any similar problems..
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18381

Guess I've been lucky really in 7yrs I've never had any roof or seal problems

Although I have heard of people cutting the seal at the end and sliding in rubber pipe (The clear flexible stuff) it sort of fills out the old seal

Clive will be alone soon, I know he's up to speed on seals an window fitting as he was doing everyones at the service day, he might have a few more ideas for you
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18382

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
thinking about it thats a cracking idea, will have agander at it tomorow, thanks rough luck

Re: window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18383

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
You don't need to cut it as there is already a hole if we are talking about the roof seal.

Is there a kink or does the seal not mate up completely with the winscreen seal? You can adjust the ones one the hood. There is a small nut on the inside leading edge of the first hood seal. If you loosen this you can slide it forwards or backwards.

If you can get a pic of the problem I might be able to help a bit more.

Re: window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18386

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
will try to get a pic of the problem tomorow, the passengers side is fine, but the drvers side looks flat, im not sure but would a mgtf seal be better, as im sure rover updated the window seal, would it still fit the mgf

Re: window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18481

will try to get a pic of the problem tomorow, the passengers side is fine, but the drvers side looks flat, im not sure but would a mgtf seal be better, as im sure rover updated the window seal, would it still fit the mgf

Inserting a plastic pipe inside the seal works well and has been done a lot to pack out the seal (its the small air pipe that is used in fish tanks)
Check out the prices of a replacement seal, if its the one that goes from one side, across the head of the windscreen and down the other side? they cost "an arm & a leg" :whistle:

Re: window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18485

• rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
ive think ive sorted it wont know till the morning when it lashes it down , but im sure the tf windsreen rubbers are uprated mines a 97 model so might just replace if the price is right

Re: window seal 13 years 5 months ago #18489

Do you have photos?
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT